• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Shootin' Contest! Sign Up!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tg said:
50 yds sounds like it's pretty close to Fusil range, may give it a try if I can decide which size ball to use, I'll confirm via PM if it looks like I'll get a chance to shoot before the parings.

The way I see it, I'm always looking for an excuse to go shooting.
I hope I go a few rounds so I can have a good reason to get to the range. :hmm: :haha:

I think I'll shoot mine today, the wind is only blowin' 21mph with gusts up to 42. It should be interesting. :rotf: :rotf: I'll have to figure out how to keep the paper on the backboard first.

Windage and elevation my boy windage and elevation. :haha: :haha:

He Jethro, can i take this Revolver?
P2_Sutton_Misc_002.jpg

Largest revolver :shocked2:
One of the most fantastic firearms ever created is a working copy of a Remington 1859 revolver built by Poland's Ryszard Tobys. Listed by Guinness World Records as the world's largest revolver, this 99.2-pound, 4-foot-long gun holds six 1/4-pound bullets. In 2002, it was used in a shooting competition between NATO Reserve Forces from Great Britain, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Germany and Poland. The Czechs won.

Hey UT,
I think you can use it, but remember the rules, NO BENCHREST!
OFF-HAND ONLY! :rotf: :rotf:

bucktales said:
Hey UT,

And if you use it, you are Da Man! :haha:
Gonna be hard to measure what's left of the paper too... :hmm:

jethro224 said:
bucktales said:
Hey UT,

And if you use it, you are Da Man! :haha:
Gonna be hard to measure what's left of the paper too... :hmm:
remember jethro..he'd be usin that metric paper...we couldn't even measure whats left! :confused:

hey jethro, i checked an rechecked but dang if'n i can find a halftail on it...is i overlookin that boy? or he still hurtin from the last duel...(actually he was shot an kilt twice...so his feelins would be what be hurtin)...poor halftail! :haha:

jethro224 said:
tg, I'll be waitin' to hear from ya.

soggy, since yer out of snowballs, toss a couple mudballs towards Mountainman56. :rotf:

:rotf: Thought about shootin today. It was clear and 79 degrees but there was an ever so slight wind blowing in my face. I thought it might make my eyes water. :rotf:

Going to go practice on a couple turkeys tomorrow.

Good luck with them turkeys MM56. :thumbsup:

RC, Nope, no halftails around these parts. You must have him scairt... :haha:

Jethro: I'm signed up already but....I just got a new Kentucky flintlock pistol (Haven't wrung it out yet. Just function fired it; works fine, thank you).
I may want to submit an entry for the pistol as well as the rifle. How would you work that?
Pete

Sorry Pete, ya can't do it. Well, not in the same month anyway. You can do the rifle one month and the pistol the other month. :thumbsup: If ya ain't dead by the third month you can use a whole nother gun if ya want.
One shot per match. One match per person per month. You might end up shootin' yerself if I let ya sign up twice. :rotf:

RC said:
heerd of "friendly fire" this be "relatively friendly"? or "murder suicide"?
could be one of those ricochet type things.. :hmm:

SOUNDS LIKE FUN... HOWS ABOUT THROWING MY NAME IN TOO...FOR LONG GUN THANKS

Back to the topic. I have a serious, but possibly stupid question: Do you want the measurements stated fractionally (1 1/2") or decimally (1.50")?

It would seem to make your job easier if we were all consistant (is 19/64" greater or less than .30"?).

METRIC!!! Every other country in the world knows how to do it. I'm sure halftail and soggy will agree with me.

Actually, truth be known I don't think I remember that metric stuff but that's what they make conversion tables for. I believe 2 decimal places will be sufficient.

Besides you get to shoot at a bigger target in metric. Instead of 8.5 x 11 you get a 21.59 x 27.94 target. :rotf: :grin:

CZMark said:
Back to the topic. I have a serious, but possibly stupid question: Do you want the measurements stated fractionally (1 1/2") or decimally (1.50")?

It would seem to make your job easier if we were all consistant (is 19/64" greater or less than .30"?).
I'm usin whichever one is closer! :thumbsup: somebody better post a conversion chart! in English! :rotf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back