• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newfoundland Fishermen Pull Case Of Guns From Ocean

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

32 Cal.
Reaction score
My wife is a Newfy.....friends of her family just pulled a case of 20 percussion rifles up from the ocean ( caught in the nets)....all still in a wooden crate and look in really nice condition...appear to be Civil War era guns......they have photos on facebook.....found them 150 miles out N.E. of Newfoundland.

Ah, THAT'S where they went! I've been looking for those for a couple years now. I knew I shouldn't try to balance them on the transom. Let me know, please, where I should pick them up. Thanks!
:redface: :bow:

man id sure like to see pics of that! rifles in salt water for 100-150 years in decent condition?

Can you be a little more specific on where these pics are? I haven't been able to get anything to come up on facebook that has them.

I guess, you have to be on my wife;s friends list on facebook to see them.......I'm going to ask them to send me the pics and ,then, I'll try and figure out how to get them here....I'm not too good with computers.

I have ancestry going back to the Nordic countries waaay back. So maybe they are still my guns. :rotf: :hmm:

Sounds like something I'd like to find. Where in South Central PA are you? My in-laws live near Chambersburg.

I'll have you dumb Yankees know, that the case of guns, are standard issue for our military.
We stash them every where.....mostly to keep them from our long gun registry.
Most likely one of our canoes were on shore/ border patrol, and probably lost a case or two.
We tried to mount them on our fighter planes, but the caps kept falling off.
Our gunners really have to work on a strafeing run!
Old Ford :blah: :blah: :surrender:

the-canadian-navy-demotivational-poster-1247847108.jpg

(Gust kidding - I like Molsen and everything).

Latest posts

Back