• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA Member or NOT

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akapennypincher

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Thought it would be fut to ask if you are a NMLRA MEMBER:bull: or Not

Also if you do not mind state the STATE you reside in pleasse do.

I am no nonger a MEMBER live in Arizona....
:shocked2:

Have not been for 10 years, our interests seem to have parted so I did the same, I live in Western Oregon. As a side note I wish well to all who support this org. and find it suits their needs and expectations and will not participate in a pro/con flame war.

Nope! They've ruined rondevous and I don't want to play by their knee jerk shooting rules. In kansas.

As mentioned in an earlier thread, I recently dropped my membership. I had been a member for over 20 years, but I figured I was paying the dues for a magazine which I did not even think was very good. I have never been and will probably never go to Friendship, and the NMLRA has little or no political clout. So now I remain a member of the NRA and for informative reading I get Muzzleloader.

Still one in Texas, I had hoped to shoot with a friend in some match's and you had to be a member, I wont be in another 1/2 yr due to I feel like Cooner and or my death. :surrender: Fred :hatsoff:

No, dropped it years ago, dont live in the mid west , as to me thats where their interest and support lyes, and I can not condone their support of shooting in lines at matches at friendship, Im now a member of The Traditional Muzzleloading Association

Sad to say no after many decades, Wyoming. They are only interested in their eastern memberships. :shake:

Well I hope some of those on the NMLRA BOD read this thread, and maybe learn when they are loosing Members fast than the speed of lightning. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Same here, was a member for years, but their interests and mine diverged to a point where I could no longer support them.

Was, no longer am for the following reasons:

1) I learned that they in fact do not have a lobbying arm and do nothing official like the NRA does to support my interests regarding proposed legislation harmful to our sports;

2) I'll never go to the expense of traveling to Friendship, Il.

3) When all the articles of advertisement, NMLRA organizations, NMLRA politics, and Friendship shoots are removed, there was very little left in the magazine to hold my interest...compared to "Muzzleloader Magazine" which I continue to subscribe to;

4) They compromised the special significance of the "Long Hunters Record Book" by opening the doors to allow trophies to also be listed that were taken with modern, high tech, long range scope sighted inlines just because they were "muzzleloaders".

5) Their official memo response to my memo about my concerns, said in honest to god black typewritten print...that the NMLRA saw no difference between sidelock and inline muzzleloaders.

I sent a second memo back to the NMLRA with their memo attached and highlighted...told them to cancel my membership immediately and told them why, as I've just stated here.

I'm not bashing / debating NMLRA pros & cons...just stating facts as they exist for me.

:thumbsup:

Back