• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA membership increase

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still $50/year so I re-upped.
Same here, my three year membership wasn’t up till next spring but I went ahead and renewed for another three years now.
If the above is true, I’m surprised they haven’t issued a statement yet. Other organizations I’ve belonged to usually give warning of a dues increase to allow renewals at the lower rate.

Just received an email notification of membership renewal rates.
1yr digital goes from 35 to 50.
1yr print goes from 50 to 75.
That’s a pretty big jump. All I get is the magazine. Not to thrilled to renew.
Haven’t decided.
What say you all?

Last edited:
Haven’t decided.
What day you all?
I'm also up in the air regarding renewal. I switched to the digital magazine as it was much cheaper, but the mag is 85% advertisements. I just may let my membership drop. On a fixed income, and can't justify $50 for a magazine subscription. I will never get to Friendship, and that what the membership is all about.

Haven’t decided.
What day you all?
Yeah, I'm just in it for the magazine, too. But if I had to drive around to the few shops that stock all the "odd" magazines, I'd spend more than the $75, so I'll go with that. I spend a ton on beer, so there's that! :D

1 Year Print - Previous Fee $50.00 - New Fee $75.00
1 Year Digital - Previous Fee $35.00 - New Fee $50.00
1 Year Family Print - Previous Fee $ 65.00 - New Fee $85.00
1 Year Family Digital - Previous Fee $40.00 - New Fee $55.00
1 Year (Foreign) Print - Previous Fee $65.00 - New Fee $95.00
1 Year Foreign Family Print - Previous $75.00 - New Fee $105.00
1 Year Associate - Previous $20.00 - New Fee $40.00
Junior (Digital Only) - Previous $15.00 - New Fee $20.00
Business - Previous $250.00 - New Fee $275.00
Life (Digital Only) - Previous $650.00 - New Fee $1,500.00

The Muzzle Blasts team is working hard to offer a yearly magazine subscription for members to have an option for a printed magazine if not already included in their membership type.

Only the memberships above can be sold after October 1st. We shall include a Associate Life option soon. Coming soon will be details on how to upgrade your existing life membership at 25% off the upgrade cost. Keep checking Muzzle Blasts for more details.

Camping Rates

Approved September 18th 2024
More details will be forthcoming:​

** NEW OPTION - Heritage - Year-Round $1,500.00
*** *NEW OPTION - Heritage - All Inclusive - In Season + Storage $1,875.00
*Heritage - National Shoots Only - Previous $720.00 - New $805.00
Heritage - Daily - Previous $40.00 - New $50.00
*Electric Only Sites - Year-Round - Previous $700.00 - New $850.00
*Electric Only Sites - National Shoots Only -Previous $540.00 - New $630.00
Electric Only Sites - Daily - Previous $30.00 - New $40.00
Primitive - National Shoots Only - Previous $50.00 - New $80.00
Tent Camping - Per night - No change - $30.00
Storage per week - No change - $25.00

Payment Plans will be available for Heritage - Year-Round, Heritage - All Inclusive - In Season + Storage, Heritage - National Shoots Only, Electric Only Sites - Year-Round, and Electric Only Sites - National Shoots Only. No payment plans for Heritage - Daily, Electric Only Sites - Daily, Primitive Camping, Tent Camping, or Storage. More details will follow with these options. There is a 12% service fee for all payment plans.

*** Heritage All Inclusive: - $1875/year
• Access to Year-Round camping in heritage.
• Access to Water is Seasonal.
• A storage space is provided in a designated location.

** Heritage Year Round: $1500/year
• Access to Year-Round camping in heritage.
• Access to Water is Seasonal.
• Campers must be removed from property at the end of each stay.
• Camper storage space is provided in a designated location for an additional fee.

what I as a many year life member want to know what is this " Coming soon will be details on how to upgrade your existing life membership at 25% off the upgrade cost. Keep checking Muzzle Blasts for more details." Lifetime means lifetime mine not theirs
I bought my lifetime membership knowing full well that probably never would get to Friendship and that for all intents and purposes I was subsidizing those people that live within a 250 mile radius of there to have a private club and range !

Joined a few years back ,first magazine gets here and knew it was not or me.All advertising.Did not renew and no need for me to support an expensive range in Indiana when I am in Oklahoma and I will never see.Wondered about black powder cartridge and 22 rimfire shoots being held there if I read the schedule correctly.Not a target shooter except to practice for hunting.

Every organization that also produces a magazine for it's members is dealing with the same problem. Times are gonna be tough.

I hate to see magazines go by the wayside. I love the format. Glossy print even more so. I also loved newspapers. Real newspapers, not these little flyers produced today. Going in the public library and seeing all the newspapers on their rods hanging in the racks. The huge oak tables you laid them on to turn the pages. When at home you had to hold your arms out comfortably to read a newspaper. Large format glossy magazines, like large newspapers are just so satisfying to read.

I already have access to a number of digital magazines related to hobbies. I read none of them. Not a one. As a source for research, that's different. I may make use of the knowledge, rarely. No way do I pay attention to any of the advertising during a search. I get it. Advertising pays the way for a great many things to be done. But advertisers as a whole are a nuisance. I run four ad-blockers to keep them off my screen because I do not like being assaulted by them.

Membership fee increases come at a cost. Sometimes an increase is necessary. What the NMLRA, and other organizations need is some new ideas to raise funds to keep providing services. Surviving the next 10 years could be as difficult as anything they have ever done.

I’m not inclined to rehash the whole issue of whether or not increases are justified. They’re in place, eff Oct 1 and that’s all there is to it. The last few times I went to Friendship, I paid the registration fee and the entry fee for the Woodswalk and that’s all I shot. One match. Traveled from Florida, tent camp… no frills. 😁
This here increase is likely to prove to be that famous “ straw that broke the camel’s back”. I say that without acrimony or anger. It’s starting to feel like it just don’t make sense.
Best wishes to all, and to the organization.

I joined on a two year subscription.. Unfortunately I really get no benefit from the range.Will not travel or participate in any activities. While I do kinda enjoy the digital magazine. To me I don't see the how the cost justifies a monthly digital magazine dedicated mostly to scores. While some of the articles are interesting and informative all the information I need can be found via web search. I was on the fence before the price increase. Probably would have re-upped but I'm out

Back