• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

no round balls?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was a round ball guy.

He cobbled this thing together, and lost faith in round balls.

If I remember right, it was T/C lock and trigger, 3 different trigger guards cut and welded together, GM fast twist bbl, Pecatonica stock and one of those fancy 6x scopes.

NiceHawkin.jpg

man,that is what i would call a rifle, i can't remmber the name of the scope. could you tell us. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

paulvallandigham said:
An opinion is quite a bit different from an outright lie. You may be allowed to lie to folks, but you don't have a right to access to a forum that is privately owned to spread your lies. The Owner has the right to tell folks to get lost, rather than let them come on and lie, without challenging them. Those lies would reflect badly on the owner of the site.

There is a saying that you have the right to speak anything you feel like saying, but God does not give you a right to an audience. :hmm: In "The Marketplace of Ideas", its the value of the ideas that wins you an audience. That is Really what Free Speech is all about.

BRAVO!!!

I don't know about Bridges and his modern ways but the whitetail buck I took with my .54 PRB went down in his tracks like a sack of potatoes at 100 yards. It went through both lungs with no problem. Shot placement is the big key here. It doesn't matter what you are shooting, you have to put the shot in the right spot. :wink:

Hawken Hunter 60

I remember Bridges talking about Lewis and Clark almost starving in the land of plenty because of the inability to take game wth a round ball. The truth of it is, that the party was so big and noisy, they were chasing game away within a five mile distance. Unless this was a lie too, they had to break up into small groups in order to be able to find anything for the camp fire.

Maybe Bridges problem with game running off is due to the fact that he's a lousy shot?

flintlock62 said:
Maybe Bridges problem with game running off is due to the fact that he's a lousy shot?
I think you might be on to something there. :rotf:

paulvallandigham said:
An opinion is quite a bit different from an outright lie. You may be allowed to lie to folks, but you don't have a right to access to a forum that is privately owned to spread your lies. The Owner has the right to tell folks to get lost, rather than let them come on and lie, without challenging them. Those lies would reflect badly on the owner of the site.
Oh! I didn't realize he was preaching those ideas on such a massive scale.
There is a saying that you have the right to speak anything you feel like saying, but God does not give you a right to an audience. :hmm: In "The Marketplace of Ideas", its the value of the ideas that wins you an audience. That is Really what Free Speech is all about.

cptleo said:
He was a round ball guy.

If I remember right, it was T/C lock and trigger, 3 different trigger guards cut and welded together, GM fast twist bbl, Pecatonica stock and one of those fancy 6x scopes.

NiceHawkin.jpg

i like the looks of that scope, looks old timey

buckweet said:
cptleo said:
He was a round ball guy.

NiceHawkin.jpg

i like the looks of that scope, looks old timey

See http://www.montanavintagearms.com/mva_scope.html
If you want a good one.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that alot about ten, fifteen years ago when I went back to shooting recurves also, Now I have gone back to shootin PRB and hear it in m/l now also.

Back