• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

O.K. smoothy historians, here's one for you!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ike, the book "April Morning" was written by Howard Fast and first published in 1961. He also wrote the "Kent Family Chronicles" later that dealt with the same era in it's early volume. Fast seems to have done some serious research on the time period. I was most curious since I still think I'd heard the term "pepper & salt shot" used somewhere else, but can't remember where it was. Was curious if any of the group here had ever heard it used before.

I like the thought of game being tenderized, seasoned, and ready to be cooked all in one :grin:

Flint62Smoothie said:
My best 'guess' is that is was a mix of large and small shot and 'salt & pepper just became a colloquial term for it ...

That's an interesting angle and may actually be the best definition we can come up with now. Still feel like I've heard it before though, that's what's making me nutz! :idunno:

Back