• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

October 30 is National Candy Corn Day!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a while since i've checked in, lots of life events in the last 2 years have left my firelocks hanging on the wall gathering dust. i'm glad to see the monthly shoots are still going on! I had my Kibler SMR out for the 1st time in what seems like 2 years last week just plinking hedge balls out of the hedge row and it got me thinking that i needed to go visit the forum and see if there was something to shoot at this month! should be quite a challenge for me after not shooting hardly at all in the last 2 years but im going to give it a go and make smoke with y'all.

Chris
Glad you are back Chris! Look forward to you joining us again :thumb:

Gary, this is my second target posted this month but a different gun. You can disregard if the shoot rules don't allow. I've been AWOL for so long I don't remember.

This Fall weather is still holding and I just got my lock back from the great folks at L & R Lock Co. I took it out yesterday and again today. It is working better than ever, in fact flawlessly now. Tim at L & R fixed it and has it working better than ever!!

Flint Lock Rifle 25 Yards - Offhand: Score = 24
I shot my 'custom' .50 cal. Full Stock Hawken ' Flint Lock. I start with 5 grains of Olde Eynsford 3f. On top of that goes 25grains of Triple 7 followed by a .015 moose milk lubed patch topped with a .490 Hornady round ball. I prime the pan with a little over a grain of Olde Eynsford 3f. She fires with no hesitation every time the trigger is squeezed.

This is a tough target... for me anyway. :)

Attachments

• October 24 MLF Target Flint.jpeg
    October 24 MLF Target Flint.jpeg
    50.9 KB
Gary, this is my second target posted this month but a different gun. You can disregard if the shoot rules don't allow. I've been AWOL for so long I don't remember.

This Fall weather is still holding and I just got my lock back from the great folks at L & R Lock Co. I took it out yesterday and again today. It is working better than ever, in fact flawlessly now. Tim at L & R fixed it and has it working better than ever!!

Flint Lock Rifle 25 Yards - Offhand: Score = 24
I shot my 'custom' .50 cal. Full Stock Hawken ' Flint Lock. I start with 5 grains of Olde Eynsford 3f. On top of that goes 25grains of Triple 7 followed by a .015 moose milk lubed patch topped with a .490 Hornady round ball. I prime the pan with a little over a grain of Olde Eynsford 3f. She fires with no hesitation every time the trigger is squeezed.

This is a tough target... for me anyway. :)
Multiple guns = multiple targets!

It's been a while since i've checked in, lots of life events in the last 2 years have left my firelocks hanging on the wall gathering dust. i'm glad to see the monthly shoots are still going on! I had my Kibler SMR out for the 1st time in what seems like 2 years last week just plinking hedge balls out of the hedge row and it got me thinking that i needed to go visit the forum and see if there was something to shoot at this month! should be quite a challenge for me after not shooting hardly at all in the last 2 years but im going to give it a go and make smoke with y'all.

Chris
Welcome back Chris! I've also been AWOL for quite some time but am hoping to get back in the swing of things. I seriously doubt your shooting has suffered much. If I remember correctly, you pretty much always hit what you're aiming at. Bottle caps at 25 yards aren't a problem for you they are for me. Print this month's target and give it a go. I bet you don't score less than 44.

Latest posts

Back