• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

October 30 is National Candy Corn Day!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a while since i've checked in, lots of life events in the last 2 years have left my firelocks hanging on the wall gathering dust. i'm glad to see the monthly shoots are still going on! I had my Kibler SMR out for the 1st time in what seems like 2 years last week just plinking hedge balls out of the hedge row and it got me thinking that i needed to go visit the forum and see if there was something to shoot at this month! should be quite a challenge for me after not shooting hardly at all in the last 2 years but im going to give it a go and make smoke with y'all.

Chris
Glad you are back Chris! Look forward to you joining us again :thumb:

Gary, this is my second target posted this month but a different gun. You can disregard if the shoot rules don't allow. I've been AWOL for so long I don't remember.

This Fall weather is still holding and I just got my lock back from the great folks at L & R Lock Co. I took it out yesterday and again today. It is working better than ever, in fact flawlessly now. Tim at L & R fixed it and has it working better than ever!!

Flint Lock Rifle 25 Yards - Offhand: Score = 24
I shot my 'custom' .50 cal. Full Stock Hawken ' Flint Lock. I start with 5 grains of Olde Eynsford 3f. On top of that goes 25grains of Triple 7 followed by a .015 moose milk lubed patch topped with a .490 Hornady round ball. I prime the pan with a little over a grain of Olde Eynsford 3f. She fires with no hesitation every time the trigger is squeezed.

This is a tough target... for me anyway. :)

Attachments

• October 24 MLF Target Flint.jpeg
    October 24 MLF Target Flint.jpeg
    50.9 KB
Gary, this is my second target posted this month but a different gun. You can disregard if the shoot rules don't allow. I've been AWOL for so long I don't remember.

This Fall weather is still holding and I just got my lock back from the great folks at L & R Lock Co. I took it out yesterday and again today. It is working better than ever, in fact flawlessly now. Tim at L & R fixed it and has it working better than ever!!

Flint Lock Rifle 25 Yards - Offhand: Score = 24
I shot my 'custom' .50 cal. Full Stock Hawken ' Flint Lock. I start with 5 grains of Olde Eynsford 3f. On top of that goes 25grains of Triple 7 followed by a .015 moose milk lubed patch topped with a .490 Hornady round ball. I prime the pan with a little over a grain of Olde Eynsford 3f. She fires with no hesitation every time the trigger is squeezed.

This is a tough target... for me anyway. :)
Multiple guns = multiple targets!

It's been a while since i've checked in, lots of life events in the last 2 years have left my firelocks hanging on the wall gathering dust. i'm glad to see the monthly shoots are still going on! I had my Kibler SMR out for the 1st time in what seems like 2 years last week just plinking hedge balls out of the hedge row and it got me thinking that i needed to go visit the forum and see if there was something to shoot at this month! should be quite a challenge for me after not shooting hardly at all in the last 2 years but im going to give it a go and make smoke with y'all.

Chris
Welcome back Chris! I've also been AWOL for quite some time but am hoping to get back in the swing of things. I seriously doubt your shooting has suffered much. If I remember correctly, you pretty much always hit what you're aiming at. Bottle caps at 25 yards aren't a problem for you they are for me. Print this month's target and give it a go. I bet you don't score less than 44.

I figured why not, I never do a pistol target so let's give one a shot or 6. My only pistol is my .58cal 1803 Harpers Ferry that I built from a pedersoli kit a few years back and had the barrel bored smooth, true to the originals..... And I can't shoot it fer sour apples. So here's how it went, offhand, 15yds, .570 hand cast ball, 30gr goex 3F, .015 patch, Mr flintlock lube. I put em all on paper but alas, no points.

I'll do a rifle target tomorrow to make up for this performance but in the meantime here's my pistol target for your enjoyment.

Chris

1000012903.jpg
1000012901.jpg

@Fly103, you get my two thumbs up :thumb::thumb: for having the guts to post your target. You also get my personal thanks, for once I won't own the "well at least I didn't shoot myself in the foot" award! ;) All things considered, about an 8" group at 15 yards, handheld, from a smoothie is pretty good. I wouldn't stand there and let you shoot at me.

11th corps inspired me to try my NW Trade gun offhand.
NW Trade gun.62 cal
70 gr. 2F Goex
.610 RB
Leaves for wadding over powder and ball
Completely blew my last shot at the low left
spot.

Attachments

• IMG_20241024_124532384~2.jpg
    IMG_20241024_124532384~2.jpg
    481.3 KB
Back