• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

old locks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone have a lock from the old days ? Like roy Keeler or others from that era of about 1960? ::

Greeting Lonesomebob,

I have a Harold Robbins percussion lock made in 1971. It is one of only five he made after receiving an inquiry from me.

It is not for sale, being on my favorite ML hunting rifle and will be left to one of my grandchildren with a complete written history of the rifle.

Best regards and good shooting,

John L. Hinnant

If you are not an NRA Member, why not? I am carrying your load.

I have a Russ Hamm lock on a rifle I built in 1965. I also have a small piece of steel which he sold to resole a worn frizzen. This steel was supposed to contain some radioactivity, so I never used it or tried to work with it.

have 2 Russ Hamm locks, 1 on a pistol that i traced to the maker. The maker said it was built in the early 70's i don't have the reference handy to get the exact data. Come to think of it both of are flint locks and both are on pistols, both are saw handle version 45's.

"a fellow can never have too many 45's" :grin:

rayb

every day a holiday, every meal a feast

I'm another with a Russ Hamm lock, It's on a Lancaster stile long rifle. My pop got it in the 70's. I put it togther Last year.
Lehigh...

I have a lock marked "W. M. Large 1960". It was not completed. The hammer, frizzen, frizzen spring and sear spring were never mounted and notches were never filed in the tumbler. It is 5 1/2" by 1 1/8". Contact me if you're interested.
[email protected]

Back