• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Opening day of squirrel season..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

70 Cal.
Reaction score
Silex took Jane for a walk in the woods... :thumbsup:

IMG_3333.jpg

Sweet!!!!!!!!! I had to work today and tomorrow, but I plan on hitting a local WMA this weekend in hopes of getting some squirrels or if I am lucky a nice hog.

I was the guide.. :haha: Just really glad that we could find a couple.. didn't have much time since Silex had to work and I am going to the CLA show tomorrow..

I'm jealous, we can't hunt them until October up here in North Carolina...

Have fun at the show...

btw...You're cheating...Any self respecting squirrel hunter knows you use a rifle and only take head shots... :)

Very nice. I had been planning to take today off to go to my fav spots in Ga but stuff came up and it was a no go.

I am deeply jealous, but still glad to see he was able to make it out during his trip over.

I offered either rifle or smoothbore :haha: Where I live it is good to use shot though... do not have to worry to much about neighbors that way. :thumbsup:

Way to go :thumbsup: Looks like your havin fun. Our season up here starts the 15th of next month. I`m really looking forward to getting out. Due to the mild winter we had them bushy tailed critters are all over the place.

It has been the highlight of the day.. Really nice to meet a new friend and go hunting :grin:

Way to go Silex. :thumbsup:
And good on you, Roy, for gettin' him out for some squirrel huntin' on his trip over here. :hatsoff:
You can tell by that ear-to-ear grin that he had a good time.

:thumbsup:Silex Glad to see you out!
Roy Hat's off for sharing :hatsoff: Enjoy the show! :grin:

Congrats Silex :thumbsup: Good on you for sharing a hunt Roy.

Tennessee season opens the 4th Sat. of August. We always still have lots of greenery and makes the smoothbore the way to go until we have a couple of good frost. Then it's time for some head thumpin' :wink:

I am really jealous. I grew up in Iowa, so I know all about squirrel hunting. There are a few greys around here ( mostly town squirrels), hardly worth hunting. There are lots of reds (pine squirrels), but they are classified as fur-bearers, so it's illegal to hunt them. They are really tiny, though, it really would take a bunch to make a meal. I'm really partial to fox squirrels, but, alas, there are none around here. Guess I'l have to stick to deer, bear, and moose.
Paul

LOL you're killing me I still have about 6 weeks to go. WTG though thats a cpl of good meals you got there.

Back