• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Our other hobbies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hobbies: Amature Radio,Sword Collecting,and Candle makeing. And most recently helping to raise my new Granddaughter. :winking:

IronMan

My hobbies...

Bible Study... If you can only have one hobby, this might be the best choice? ::

Guns Guns Guns... Mostly muzzleloaders and cowboy stuff, but I also love double action .357 revolvers. Not really into self-loading stuff, although a have a few.

Buckskinning... The Rocky Mountain fur trade/mountain man era is fascinating. Im collecting PC stuff for it.

SCUBA... It's a whole different world down there, take a SCUBA trip to Cozumel at least once in your lifetime.

Classical guitar... wish I had more time for it. I think I could be fairly good with practice.

Thats enough I guess.

Jeff

there is nothing more serene and mind-clearing than sitting on the North Lookout at Hawk Mt. in late November watching the migrating Red-tails, Golden Eagles, Bald Eagles, etc., soaring along the Blue Mountain coming from somewhere Northeast and heading somewhere South and Southwest.
i never considerd myself much of a bird watcher but i can definately relate.my grand fathers grand father on my mothers side lived with the delewares in oklahoma and i guess some of that tradition was passed down to me.i feel more at home in the out doors than any where else ,from watching hawks during their migration in october to hearing a distant gobbler or quail lookin for their girlfriends.....
sorry got caught up in the moment. :redface:
any how i also i enjoy ,my wife and kids,buckskinning ,archery,catfishin,camping,farmin and ranchin,i also am a journeyman plumber which is a career i enjoy and also keeps the bills paid :thumbsup: :: ::

I guess now I'm the youngest, 29 yrs old. From October 1st to January, uh, whenever it is, deer hunting is the only hobbie. At other times of the year it's reading, fishing- trout fishing is a real treat for me as well as walleye, and the occasional visit to a NASCAR race. Beyond gun and knife collections, I have a collection of football cards from the '80's-'90's that have lost sentimental value to me over recent years, nevertheless I still retain them. Also have a young NASCAR die collection, consisting almost entirely of Ryan Newman collectibles.

Brushbuster,
My wife doesn't always understand how I can spend the day wandering over the hills, coming home empty-handed, and still express how great a day I had! I often stand in wonder, when I'm tramping through the woods, at what the Creator had made. I remember my Dad's response to me when I questioned the existence of a Higher Being. Knowing my interest in birds, he would ask, "How do you explain the difference between a Chickadee and a Red-tail?" "Why does that difference exist"? I still don't know, and I trust that the Creator simply wanted them to be different.

As I move through the autumn of my life, I give thanks daily for each and every new opportunity to enjoy nature, and the opportunity to pass this joy on to my grandchildren.

I wish you a joyous Christmas and the warmth of its true meaning. :)

In no certain order:

Shooting, of course (if it shoots...)
Hunting (Deer, hog, squirrel, rabit, dove, varmint)
Camping (in East Texas - don't get there often enough)
Fishing (Largemouth, Crappie, Catfish)
Aviation (general, aerobatics)
Skydiving (from aircraft, no BASE for me)
Reading (history, technical)
Guitar (playing since age 6, classical, jazz, blues)
Motorcycling (sport bikes, currently own Suzuki)
Mountain Biking (no mountains here, so - trail biking?)
Gaming (at the moment: Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, FarCry)

Before I got married and had two kids I used to hunt, hunt,hunt....fish, fish, fish....play the fiddle, fiddle, fiddle and pick and sing, and pick and sing....now I do three other things......Ziltch, nothing and nada. I'm so crazy about my girls it doesn't matter much at the present time. They've got me until their both in school and I'm retired, then......dust off my fishin pole and wipe off my guns I'm a'comin back! (They were LATE in life babies)

I've had a number of hobbies over the past years.

Toy tractor collecting.
Raising Bassett Hounds.
Archery & Bow Hunting.
Deer Hunting.
Photography & videography.
Fishing.
Cycling.
Antique book collecting.
Building Muzzleloaders and accoutrements.
Also Colonial Reenacting. This was my main hobby since the mid 80's. Here's an early picture taken in the mid 90's in my early longhunter days. I started as a buckskinner like most but evolved into a member of a colonial militia.

My family is involved in many of these hobbies and at present I am only involved with fishing, cycling, archery, photography and reenacting. Will be getting into BP turkey hunting next spring. It's great to have my wife and three girls with me at reenactments.

Most my time is involved in our church activities and worship. We don't let any of these hobbies come in the way of our worship and work for our Lord.

Happy Holidays to all you members.
MarkBentley.jpg

What are some other hobbies you fine folks delve into?

Hmmm, Let's see, Pow Wowing {Native Amerucan Gatherings}, SCA {The Society for Creative Anachronism}, Handgonning, Renratting {Rennaisance Faires}, Living History, Medieval Studies and Religious study and research. Not to mention 4 kids.

:results:

Latest posts

Back