• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Outstanding English Style Belgian-made 12 ga. Double Barrel Shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I’m selling an outstanding Belgian-made 12-gauge double gun, c. 1855. I believe it was likely not fired more than a couple dozen times before it was stored away and eventually came into my possession. It is a fine copy of an English gun, and the workmanship is excellent. Thin through the wrist, finely executed comb and checkering, and wonderful finish on the English walnut. The engraving crisp and nicely executed and a good duplicate of English style. The barrels are 32” long, and both bores are bright and shiny. There is no corrosion, even in the breech area. The lock internals are beautiful and work crisply, and I believe they still had whale oil lubricant when I took the locks off. There is slight missing wood along the right fore end (shown), and a few minor dings and scratches. The ramrod and nipples are new. The bores have been cleaned and honed for easy loading. LOP is 14”, 2 1/8” at the heel and 1 3/8” at comb. 8 lbs. Asking $800 plus shipping. Money order or check.

Attachments

• DSCN0137.JPG
    DSCN0137.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 4
  • DSCN1217.JPG
    DSCN1217.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1218.JPG
    DSCN1218.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1219.JPG
    DSCN1219.JPG