• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Parker Hale Alexander Henry Target Rifle - Help Wanted

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the percussion rifle game and recently acquired a Parker Hale Target rifle with the AH rifling in .451. Since, this is the nearest reproduction to a 2 band Confederate Whitworth. Would anyone have suggestions regarding bullets, powder loads, primers, etc? I am not currently set up for casting bullets and would like to maybe just start off purchasing these rounds.

I would greatly appreciate the help.

Pedersoli makes a Whitworth rifle. I have one about to be put up for sale. No photos yet. It is NOT recommended that you use the spiral Whitworth bullets from the Pedersoli mold, as they don't quite match the rifling. There is a paper patched bullet that performs best.

For your Volunteer rifle with Henry rifling I would suggest seeing what bullets Buffalo Arms has available. Either .450" grease groove or. 443" slicks for paper patching. Also Brett Gibbons of Paper Cartridges swages an original Whitworth bullet that may work but is likely too long, I believe the twist is slower in the Volunteer than it is in the Whitworth.

Back