• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kuchenreuter pistol review w/ Match tuning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you are absolutely correct on the grip . The grip in my opinion is one of the most important factors in a handgun much like the stock in a shotgun. I have skateboard tape on the grip of my IPSC pistol. Ugly but super functional. Not jokeing on the super glue. been using that stuff for decades on lots of things your not supposed to including skin repair. certainly not as professional as your method but it does still allow for adjustment and keeps stuff from moving unintentionally but I get your point.

Hi Charles, Good explanations.
I missed being at Nationals this year. I hope everything went well.
Barry
Hi Barry, Well enough to take all 3 Championships and have James, the 14 year old young man I have been coaching take the Unclassified Championship and the Junior Championship. Hope you make it in "25" Barry...nsp

looks really nice. . as always very impressive shooting. I have the .44 Le Page and not happy with how the lock is tuned. If I set the trigger with no creep its way too light and I get unintentional drops. If I set it so that it won't fire by tapping the side of the pistol with my hand it has considerable creep. The lock was completely non functioning when I bought the new pistol and I had to send it to Missouri for warrantee work. It came back with still too touchy of a trigger but at least the hammer would drop. . hammer drops with a shake of the pistol touchy. I increased the travel of the trigger so that I can rest my finger on the trigger while sighting without an AD but now I have that extra travel to deal with.. and I still occasionally have the set trigger snap but the hammer doesn't drop.. that was how it came out of the box. not very often but once or twice every thousand rnds. Just enough to remind me something is not proper in there.
Never have shot modern Repo that did not require a lot of the tuning as I described. Some I would consider next to useless without some extreme tuning. Expecting my set triggers to pass some sort of bump test would not allow me to adjust them to the 1.5 Oz. weight they are. Only setting your trigger while pointing down range. Every once in a while accidentally blowing a shot into the grass will happen with very light set triggers. Practice at home dry firing your set triggers helps...nsp

Back