• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pedersoli shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Hawken

40 Cal.
Reaction score
just wondering about the quality of pedesoli shotguns.i have found a 12g classic double barrel with wads and a flask for 380.00 used.ad says cly bore and not chrome lined.im not new to muzzleloaders but have never had a bp shotgun.this would be used for geese and some small bird hunting any thoughts thanks

I used to have one and it was a really good gun. Like any muzzleloading gun, you will have to spend some time finding what loads will work best in your shotgun. If you have the patience to do that work up, you will find the loads it likes best and that will work best for each of your shooting situations. Pedersoli makes good guns and if it is in good condition, jump on it.

They are a well made factory gun, and point surprisingly well. The classic non-chrome lined Pedersolis that I have seen are quite light, really in the style of the classic British game gun. $380 is a very good price.

NONSENSE! You don't want that. And before I log-off if you could PM me the contact information on who is selling that gun..., for no reason... um I'm just curious you understand...I need an address and phone number please.

:haha:

LD

I had one with the screw in choke tubes a few years ago, well made gun, but would have a lump on my cheek after shooting it a few times. flinch

I bought one a few years ago at Dixons. As others noted, Pedersoli is a quality manufacturer. The wood-to-metal fit is really tight considering that it's a "production" gun, not a custom gun. Nice engraving on the locks and tang. I've taken several pheasants with mine. For the price you mention, if it's in good shape with no pitting in the bore, jump on it.

With a good bore and in good condition that price sounds right! run a bore light down then a clean patch..you'd be surprised what you might find under that shine.Good or bad!
send a report on your outcome.

I think you should go for it. But don't expect to use it for waterfowl as steel shot is not recommended.

JRH said:
I think you should go for it. But don't expect to use it for waterfowl as steel shot is not recommended.

ITX shot and others are just fine, and in fact deadly on waterfowl. I wouldn't use steel in it even if the barrels were approved because BP just doesn't generate the kinds of velocities needed for steel shot to be effective.

BrownBear said:
JRH said:

ITX shot and others are just fine, and in fact deadly on waterfowl. I wouldn't use steel in it even if the barrels were approved because BP just doesn't generate the kinds of velocities needed for steel shot to be effective.

Plus, the other negatives with steel are:
1) To get the same effective weight for energy, you have to drop down a couple shot sizes which significantly reduces the # of pellets in the same space;
2) You have to use a special shot cup for steel which takes up much needed space in a smoothbore, reducing again the amount of room for pellets;

I have two - one in 12 ga and one in 10ga. both cyl bore. If the bores are in good shape the price is a steal. Good use SXS go for around $500 now a days - they are nice guns. :hatsoff:

Back