• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pedersoli sxs10ga

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbore19

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Im looking for pics of the pedersoli 10ga.
thinking about getting one down the road. Pistol grip stock with screw in chokes. Just because no one makes a 8ga haha.
i like the looks of this gun. Wish it was proofed for 2oz loads but ohwell.

Welcome to the forum!

State of Wisconsin limits the size of the bore at 10 ga. for hunting.
I shoot the Pedersoli in 10 ga. and use a slip on pad for lop and to tone down recoil..
Not sure I would enjoy a round of shorting clays with a 2oz. load!:shocked2:
I'm shooting 1-3/8- 1-1/2 oz Hevi-shot with good effect on waterfowl.
My goal is to shoot the heaviest shot at the best speed to retain the best shot pattern...despise chasing cripples!
I realize your out fishing for ideas...
I shoot this one..it has the screw in chokes...I use cyl&cyl in mine...do-not need to remove to reload..:thumbsup:
I use a protective cup( A MUST) to preserve the bore shooting hard Non-toxic shot.
Shot a straight grip double 12 ga. Perdosoli in the early 80's they work too!
prefer the 10 bore with the pistol grip.

this........off topic

015.jpg

plus more..... equal this......bacon wrapped duck!

IMG_18581.jpg

equals this...ready for the Christmas grill!..

IMG_18641.jpg

Never had any left overs with this combination!

The Pedersoli will work..But there's lots more out there that will....
Hope others chime in here...

Hey Bigbore
I had a Pedersoli 10 ga. a few years ago.
I found it way too heavy and clumsy.
The 10 ga. just sat in my rack for the longest time. There was no real need for 2+ oz. of shot.
Now the Pedersoli 12, that is a different story.
Pleasant to handle & carry. It also delivers a good payload.
Best regards
Old Ford

Here's a pic of my 10ga. I've used it for everything from doves to ducks. This old gun has one choked and one open barrel. It's kind of a scattergun so shots at turkeys have to be purty close.

pheasants001.jpg

The current Pedersoli 10 gauges are supposed to weigh 7.5 pounds. I wouldn't want to shoot a 2 ounce load with a gun much lighter than that. The 10's are a pretty big gun with broad sighting platform. The screw-in chokes have heavier barrels out front (at least in 12 gauge), which adds to the clunkiness.

I had a 12 with screw-ins and ended up buying a set of fixed choke (cyc and mod). Haven't used the screw-in barrels since.

makeumsmoke said:
I'm shooting 1-3/8- 1-1/2 oz Hevi-shot with good effect on waterfowl... I use a protective cup( A MUST) to preserve the bore shooting hard Non-toxic shot.

I have a 20 ga. Pedersoli. Thinking about waterfowl with it. Where do I find the protective cup you mentioned? Thanks.

Back