• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Permadex Anti-Sieze

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am new to the world of black powder revolvers and am busy acquiring the needed supplies to shoot, clean and maintain my new hobby. My list has anti-sieze lubricant on it, for use on the cylinder nipples after cleaning. I have a jar of Pemadex Anti-Sieze sitting in the garage. Am I ok to use this or do I need to buy a product specific to black powder?

I’ve not used any anti sieze products on any part of any muzzle loader for the last half century. Many people want to over think this sport.
I bought a very small tube of copper-colored anti-seize at a car parts store several years ago and use it VERY sparingly on the nipple threads, tiny smudge on one side of the threaded sections.
But to be honest, I have used bee’s wax and it works well, but is stiffer.

I have used Permatex Nickel Anti-Seize for years following the suggestion of a successful ML shooter of long standing. Never a stuck nipple or touchhole liner. No need to pay a lot more for a supposed ML product, just go to your local auto parts store and buy the smallest tube they have. Apply it with the tip of a toothpick but be prepared to get it all over your hands and face. That stuff is as slippery as a bag of greased eels.

Automotive Permatex will be fine, not really necessary if you use and clean your firearms regularly, but if they sit for a while or you didn't get them squeaky clean and or oil them, it does give a measure of insurance. Won't hurt anything. However, as you probably already know, it's a bugger to get off your hands or elsewhere you don't want it.

I have an "unmentionable" BP rifle (Knight) that calls for it on the breech block, and in converting a Dixie Tennessee Mountain Rifle from cap to rock they recommended it on the liner.

She walked by an open can of anti-seize.

Attachments

• 166698956_1771110616393198_4162765456817658140_n (2).png
    166698956_1771110616393198_4162765456817658140_n (2).png
    225 KB · Views: 0
This too.. just throwing it out there.

I don't see a little bit of that too be a bad idea.. 😕

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240925_214839_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240925_214839_Chrome.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 0
Back