• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta Dance and Brothers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have zero interest in collecting either confederate or nazi memorabilia. If you do, fine, no problem.
Just that with my family name, it would be a PITA if I had to use it in a Self/Home Def situation.
And Caddo Parish, Louisiana where my farm is, has a Soros supported DA................. So, there you go..................................................
Why do you have a problem with Confederate memorabilia?
I can see not wanting any Yankee stuff, but why Confederate?

Here is what Mr. John Holland, member of the Small Arms Committee in the N-SSA, replied to me back in 2020 regarding the .44 Dance and Brother:
But the information I have says that the Dance was made on a frame that is in between the Navy and Dragoon, with a cylinder shorter than the Dragoon.

Why do you have a problem with Confederate memorabilia?
I can see not wanting any Yankee stuff, but why Confederate?
A black Soros backed DA? One steeped in social justice, equity, no cash bail, and selective prosecution of perps.
A Confederate themed firearms would be just fuel for the fire for such.

This reminds me that I want to get the chambers reamed about 3/4's of bullet length deep to accept .451 diameter bullets and have a step to swage on.

But the information I have says that the Dance was made on a frame that is in between the Navy and Dragoon, with a cylinder shorter than the Dragoon.
The repros are made on 1860 Army frames , they even still have the "step" so they can accept 1860 conversion cylinders with a slight fitting of the forcing cone.

I still love mine and it's an excellent shooter but Pietta makes a "loose" repro of a Dance revolver

My guess is the .44 is not historically correct. Or, no one has submitted one for approval yet.
I read the .44 Pietta is built on the 51 but the .44 Dance originally on the Dragoon. The .36. Dance was on the .51.
For what it's worth...

I bought this a couple weeks ago, still new in box and unfired, I was really excited until I handled it some. I did not realize that this pistol is based on the 51 Navy frame, which has always been too small for my sasquatch hands. Only revolvers that fit my hands well are the 60 Army, Remington Dragoons and such. I just wonder since this is a Pietta if I could swap over a 60 Army backstrap triggerguard and grip with little issue? Or am I just better off trading for another 60 Army or a Dragoon,
Old thread new reply.
The grips look like the 1860. I have one and one in 36. There is an obvious difference in mine.

Attachments

• 20240620_113947.jpg
    20240620_113947.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back