• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Post deleted by Claude

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/quote]

The TMA needs to see there will be more and more people coming from the modern side into the traditional side.
[/quote]
Old Salt, if what you are saying is true, then these folks who are coming from the modern side to the Traditional side will need a place that supports them from a traditional point of view. Keeping hunting, shooting matches and rondezvous in a historical and traditional manner is what we are offering them. The TMA does see that these folks need support from a strictly traditional organization, that is why we are here. :thumbsup:

Stumpkiller- Perhaps your best post yet. I think there is a real need for both organizations,Yes I am going to support both. I think in-the-not-to-distant-future,we are going to need everyone(gun owners). 2008 is not that far off..Respectfully Montanadan.

Here Here!! Slowpoke I knew there was something about you I liked! LOL! Long live capitalism and competition. Good for you too MontanaDan well said!

I don't think any of the Officers and/or Founders of the TMA believe anybody will replace the NMLRA. And that is not what the TMA is about.

Our sole mission is to preserve, uphold and promote Traditional Muzzleloading and nothing but Traditional Muzzleloading!

I've never been a member of the NMLRA so I have no ax to grind with them. I just know that it's not an Association that I wish to belong to. In that case we here in these United States of America as of today still have the FREEDOM to assemble ourselves together and form our own Association.

I've heard all the old timers complain about how now when they go to Friendship it's just not the same my mentor complains that traders row is filled with all the new junk inlines and such. His words not mine he's been a member in good standing since the early 60s. But he's disenchanted with them now! I myself have never nor do I ever intend to go there!

Now Old Salt you have a right to your opinion, you say "My bottom line is I think the formation of the TMA is a mistake."

And we have the right to ours so as we have not maligned or said anything negative about the NMLRA why don't you do the same for us and leave the TMA out of your tirades!

Thank You
Chuck
TMA Pres.

Since I've been here, I've had correspondence with some guys who I'd like to continue with. Five years of moving in a traditional direction, I get here, and now the traditional guys want to move off and put up walls. How about meeting a guy half way?

Where's the extended hand for a handshake graemlin??

Old Salt

Old Salt,.... I don't understand the TMA "walls" comment, the TMA was developed solely to preserve our traditional muzzleloading "heritage".

Ther is "nuthin" thet says you cannot belong to (and support) "both" the TMA and the NMLRA. The "goals/objectives" of both organizations may be a bit different, but neither are in direct conflict with each other as both support the 2nd. Ammendment. Each organization presents an "alternative" to the other depending on exactly wher yore interests lay.

Anyone wish'n to help preserve our "traditional" muzzleloader heritage, will be welcomed into the TMA, because thet is what the TMA is "geared to".

If "non-traditional" muzzleloaders are yore interest, then ther is the alternative organization which supports those kinds of modern weapons.

If you are a NRA member, do you feel as tho the NMLRA has but up walls to prohibit you from be'n a member????? (of course not) The NMLRA simply isn't "geared" towards centerfire weapons.
Jest as the TMA isn't "geared" towards modern-style (post-1900) muzzleloaders and their modern-style components. :peace:

YMHS
rollingb

Slowpoke,
very well put friend! thanks
snake-eyes :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :imo:

The TMA has drawn the line in the sand. The NMRLA welcomes all comers.

I understand your point, but I interpret what is happening slightly differently.

I can't speak for the TMA, but this is how I see their formation. They are choosing to specialize in one area of Muzzleloading, not unlike some other clubs. Some examples might be...

A general motorcycle club vs. a "Harley" club.
A general archery club vs. "wooden self bows" only.
A general car club vs. "Corvettes" or "Antique" cars.

It's just specialization, that's all. It's a good thing. :peace:

WOW!!!!
I am hard pressed to think of a better way to start a fight than your statement."The TMA is a mistake." I was a member of the NMLRA, and the only mistake that I've seen is the way that the NMLRA was and still is treating the skinners. It seems to me that they forgot who started the NMLRA. And has decided to go for the money insted.
Now before you start, I know that they started the NRLHF National Rendvous Living History Foundation so that they could stay intouch with the skinner element. HA!!!! More like stay intouch with there wallet. I know that I'm being kinda harsh, but maybe thats exactly what we need to be in order to change their views. I know that there are going to be lot of folks out there who will hate me for this, but I feel that the NMLRA let me down. And as to there code of ethics, maybe they should take the time to read it and practice what they preach.
And incase your wondering, I'm not a member of the TMA yet. I'm waiting to make sure that they don't go the way of the NMLRA. Ya can understand if I'm a little gun shy.

Wil

"History preserved, through knowledge shared."

I'm waiting to make sure that they don't go the way of the NMLRA.
I don't know what you mean by that statement. If the NMLRA has gone a way you don't care for, so be it. But, the TMA exists solely for the legacy of the traditional firearm. It is the only such organizaton of its kind in existence, that I know of. Others can correct me on that, and a TMA founder can correct me if I am wrong in my earlier statement.

There is no other "way" for it to go. So, come home to the TMA...

Regards, sse

I think this code is a perfect example of the NMLRA and maybe written verbatim by them, Every other line contradicts the line before LMAO.

Old salt . I respect your opinion and I must say your welcome to it .

The NMLRA lost me years back , but as you say I hung on , complained as times change , plastic shot cups, pyrodex , in lines , pushing expectance of modern BP in season designed and brought about for traditional ballistics and weapons . Group together we did , not many listened and those that did ,,, well , I seem to recall trouble maker and go with the tide .

I am proud of the TMA and the work those here have done , it

Yeah, guess I quit reading at the end there...wording is a little hazy I suppose....

You people should really learn to ignore me, you know....

:bull:

Wil, The Tma going the way of that "other" organization can Never happen. We (the founders) spent many, many hours coming up with wording that would prevent any changes to the tma concept by anyone further down the road. We wanted to make certain that when we are all dead and gone, that the TMA would thrive intact-as formed ,with traditional arms only and traditional minded folks running the organization.
You can feel safe to join us to perserve these ideals...we won't change. :peace:

Dave (Longknife) Poss- VP of the TMA

Since I've been here, I've had correspondence with some guys who I'd like to continue with. Five years of moving in a traditional direction, I get here, and now the traditional guys want to move off and put up walls. How about meeting a guy half way?

The Muzzleloading Forum proper is still here, and will remain so for the forseeable future; or at least as long as Claude's patience holds out.

The moderators and members are here to help with any question you have.

Buck up little buckeroo. I'll never let a fellow sailor run afoul of the reefs if I can help it. :redthumb:

Buck up little buckeroo. I'll never let a fellow sailor run afoul of the reefs if I can help it. :redthumb:

Somebody open up a can of spinach help Popeye out! :crackup: :crackup:
Sorry I couldn't help myself!! :peace:

Chuck

Thanks,
I'm sorry about my tirade but it has been along time coming. I never ment that the TMA will go the same way as the NMLRA. I'm simply going to take a wait and see position. So far everything I've read about the TMA I like and if things continue the way they are presently going, I'm sure that I will go home to the TMA soon. Just be patient with me and let me get there on my own.
Not realy as disgruntled as I sound
Wil

Do mine ears (or rather, mine eyes) deceiveth me? Is someone on this forum actually trying to dictate to me which organizations I should be a member of?

You'd have better luck holding a gallon of water in a tea cup. :nono:

Do mine ears (or rather, mine eyes) deceiveth me? Is someone on this forum actually trying to dictate to me which organizations I should be a member of?

You'd have better luck holding a gallon of water in a tea cup. :nono:

I missed that one... I don't see anybody dictating anything to anyone about which organizations he/she should be a member of... ::

Latest posts

Back