• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Post deleted by Claude

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have shown the will to fight at least against "Popeye".
I don't think anyone here is trying to fight you. Maybe disagreeing with you about some points, sure, but that happens everyday on this forum. Don't take that to mean everyone is 'fighting' you. I think what everyone is trying to do is understand your point behind all this.

I have shown the basis for my opinion.
Maybe it's just me, but I still haven't figured that out yet.

The people who will be first to strike won't be wearing Halls como overalls, shooting pellets, or carrying scoped plastic rifles. They'll be wearing a Safety badge, writing insurance premiums, and monitoring toxic lead levels.
This is the reason you think forming the TMA is a mistake? ::

The guys who can't get blackpowder are living that reality now. The people who would stop the production of a squashed animal candy are coming for your animal crackers next. We need to form up fast or were going to be left holding a possibles bag full of squat.
Why lecture us about banding together to protect our rights when you aren't a member of either the TMA or the NMLRA? ::

I hope I make myself clear.
Sorry, not yet. Not to be argumentative, I'm just trying to understand why this thread is here, and I'm getting more confused as it gets longer.

Old Salt
I have called and written to NMLR for help with the Muzzleloading season in MN. And they have said that will not get involed with state or Fed. regulation they don't have the funding for it. :bull:

I belonged to them for about 15 years and figgured out all they care about is their pocket book and their range. Does not do me any good in MN.

This is my thoughts on the matter
I beleave the TMA is a group that could repesent the Traditional side of our sport. :imo: :m2c:

Squ - You are definitely correct in your conclusion about this thread. It is also fuzzy as to Old Salt's original intent of starting this, nothing is clear at all except there may have been a subterfuge.

Further comments of OS don't clarify anything, either, they are just confusing issues such as the traditional mission with a 2nd Amendment cause. The traditional mission of the TMA is foremost, as far as I can tell, with indirect support for the 2nd Amendment. There are numerous other organizations, that many of us belong to, that are much more vociferous and effective in support of this.

All OS has done is induce others to set forth some pretty strange characteristics of the NMLRA, it seems to be a ship with a broken rudder. The good part is that the directors of the TMA can learn from that and do the right thing.

Regards, sse

To all who participated:
No offense was ever intended and none was taken. Some wording on my part might have been better composed.
Where is the waving white flag graemlin?
Old Salt
:peace:

We gleefully give quarter and accept your surrender Old Salt now when can we expect you to send your dues in! :peace:

Chuck

Just let me lick my wounds for a couple days. Old Salt

Would that make you an Old Salt Lick? :winking: :haha:

oldsaltlick.jpg

OK I stayed out long enough from this thread (I had no clue why it started or where it was going).

WHAT WAS THE POINT?

Someone who is not a member of either organization started this thread for reasons unknown. Sounds like there may have been some bad blood from somewhere, but even that is unclear. There were so many tangents springing up on this thread my head is still spinning. Was anything accomplished on 6 pages of replies and comments? I didnt see anything.

:hmm: :: :shocking:

Blahman,

Woody makes a solid point. When it is said "My bottom line is I think the formation of the TMA is a mistake" I take that to mean that IF I join (I plan to) the TMA do you regard my actions as a mistake also? Somewhat like "guilty by association?

To me the TMA will represent the same core values as the NRA, or the NMLRA. My values aren't so removed from those so guilt does not enter the equation.

The coiled serpent in the TMA emblem represents the will to fight back against those who would step on your values. You have shown the will to fight at least against "Popeye".

I have shown the basis for my opinion. The people who will be first to strike won't be wearing Halls como overalls, shooting pellets, or carrying scoped plastic rifles. They'll be wearing a Safety badge, writing insurance premiums, and monitoring toxic lead levels.

The guys who can't get blackpowder are living that reality now. The people who would stop the production of a squashed animal candy are coming for your animal crackers next. We need to form up fast or were going to be left holding a possibles bag full of squat.

I haven't confirmed it yet, but I heard that in PA the hunter safety course will no longer use functional rifles.

I hope I make myself clear.

Old Salt

Hey popeye, just relax a bit. I never said anything about fighting, picking a fight or anything else to get your undies in a bunch. I simply pointed out a couple of things that you made a reference to that I felt were opinionated and without fact...that's all.

I had no intention of getting your or anybody elses dander up.

I respect your opinion and I'm really glad that you can express it.

Like I said before, this forum is great, the people who have joined are awesome and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I only hope that in my travels I get the chance at meeting some of these folks face to face.

Meanwhile, you may continue on with your worries, but as for me, life is to short and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it......no hard feelings there Popeye?

Latest posts

Back