• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Post deleted by Claude

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Salt said, "I appreciate the comments made by those who expressed their dissatisfaction of the NMLRA and the reason for being disgruntled. I am open to listen to anyone

This is a 'general observation'...not a specific response to any specific individual or post:

The NRA has an aggressive, successful lobbying organization and all firearms owners are the beneficiaries of what the NRA has accomplished with NRA membership money, regardless of whether all firearms owners are NRA dues paying members.

The NMLRA DOES NOT have a lobbying arm and there is no apparent evidence of any pro-gun legislation or blocked anti-gun legislation that can be attributed to the NMLRA.

The NMLRA maintains a local rifle range in Indiana that is supported with NMLRA membership dues from all over the country.

As the TMA gains its presence and maturity in the future, it might be quite an accomplishment if the TMA could somehow negotiate a linkage with the NRA as some sort of recognized Traditional Muzzleloading Division or something...somewhat of a parallel organization at the national level, the state level, etc...could be a win-win for both organizations.

The NMLRA DOES NOT have a lobbying arm...

Then why does the NMLRA list the following as part of it's purpose (copied directly from it's website):

Legislative Action
The NMLRA represents its 22,000 members in legislative matters. The Association seeks to protect your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.
Sounds like a lobbying arm to me... ::

Old Salt [/quote]
I haven't made any derogatory comments towards the TMA or any of the members.
My bottom line is I think the formation of the TMA is a mistake. And my point is to show that the NMRLA seems to provide everything that the TMA can provide and more.
I'm not a member of either organization.

OldSalt all the above are Quotes from your posts.

All I can say is you need to sit down and make up your mind.

You sure seem to be very confused and no nothing of what your talking about.

Woody

Whew!
:hmm:
After sifting through this one I think I consider myself thankful that I don't have to worry about belonging to an ML clique or club at this time.

Other than The Muzzleloading Forum!

:thumbsup:

The NMLRA DOES NOT have a lobbying arm...

Then why does the NMLRA list the following as part of it's purpose (copied directly from it's website):

Legislative Action
The NMLRA represents its 22,000 members in legislative matters. The Association seeks to protect your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.
Sounds like a lobbying arm to me... ::

The NRA has an official Lobby organization recognized as an official body in Washington.
The NMLRA may make those general statements you referenced, and we would all hope they talk to somebody important, but they do not have a recognized Lobby organization which deals on legislative matters at the national level like the NRA, there's never anything mentioned in Muzzleblasts about a Lobbying organization, official actions they've taken, etc, legislation they've influenced, etc...it would be an interesting read if you sent the the NMLRA a formal memo asking about it.

I've never looked into exactly what the NMLRA does (or doesn't do) for our gun/hunting rights. I just assumed they did some sort of lobbying based on the "legislative action" they claim to engage in (I've also seen this claim on their brochures).

They do have a legslative update page on their website that informs readers of new gun bills, but it doesn't mention any action they take in politics.

So I guess either they just make some phone calls and emails to politicians (which I can do myself, I don't need to pay them to do it for me), or they don't engage in any legislative action at all. But wouldn't that be false advertising?

It may also mean thet the mentioned NMLRA's "legislative actions" may only be on a "state level" rather then a "national level", and may only consist of lobby'n states's DNR's in regards to "muzzleloading seasons". I dunno!!

YMHS
rollingb

After sifting through this one I think I consider myself thankful that I don't have to worry about belonging to an ML clique or club at this time.

Other than The Muzzleloading Forum!

:redthumb:

I belong to both the NMLRA and the TMA (and the NYSMLA) and this site is by far the best of all.

'Course, the TMA is still a fledgling organization and is kind of an extension of this forum. I'm hoping it never strays too far away.

It may also mean thet the mentioned NMLRA's "legislative actions" may only be on a "state level" rather then a "national level", and may only consist of lobby'n states's DNR's in regards to "muzzleloading seasons". I dunno!
Hmm, beats me. Anyway, back to the original topic...

I haven't made any derogatory comments towards the TMA or any of the members.
My bottom line is I think the formation of the TMA is a mistake. And my point is to show that the NMRLA seems to provide everything that the TMA can provide and more.
I'm not a member of either organization.

OldSalt all the above are Quotes from your posts.

All I can say is you need to sit down and make up your mind.

You sure seem to be very confused and no nothing of what your talking about.

Woody [/quote]

Woody makes a solid point. When it is said "My bottom line is I think the formation of the TMA is a mistake" I take that to mean that IF I join (I plan to) the TMA do you regard my actions as a mistake also? Somewhat like "guilty by association?

It would be wrong and childish if I held that statement against you, Old Salt, so I'm not. It would be unethical to do so.

I would rather take this approach: If the TMA gets off the ground and becomes a success, will you join?

I've been watching this thread since it started so guess I'll chime in now.
The TMA is a good idea and I am happy to be a Charter member.I also belong to the NMLRA,NRA,KMA,KTMA and KSRA.There is room in my shooting sports world for all of these organizations and we,as shooters,can join whichever ones we feel meet our needs/goals.
:peace:

Old Salt,

I think you have this all turned around. I think that you may think its, TMA vs NMLRA??? It is not! NMLRA just like the NRA, just like the TMA, are all seperate organizations who all three believe in the support of the 2nd Amendment.

We three organization just have different levels of interest in firearms that are our main interest that we will fight to keep.

All three organizations can work together, but have different agendas regarding firearms that we support as our interest is based around, and all of us support the 2nd Amendment.

To my knowledge, the organization of the NMLRA has not asked for a Charter Club Membership in the TMA, so they are still bound by their own rules and regulations. TMA has no intentions of creating change in the NMLRA. Any changes in the NMLRA will come from them, not the TMA... :thumbsup:

roundball,

The NMLRA DOES NOT have a lobbying arm and there is no apparent evidence of any pro-gun legislation or blocked anti-gun legislation that can be attributed to the NMLRA.

After looking at the NMLRA committee list under "Legislative" it shows TBA. Which would indicate they do not currently have a lobbying arm.
Old Salt

:RO:
:peace:

The coiled serpent in the TMA emblem represents the will to fight back against those who would step on your values. You have shown the will to fight at least against "Popeye".
Old Salt

You seem to think that the coiled serpent is meant against modern weapons. We mean it against those who would try and take our animal crackers as well as any firearm away from us. Just as it meant in Colonial times I suggest you look up the true meaning behind "Don't Tread On Me"! The snake isn't for NMLRA or any other gun org. it's meant to say that we will fight for our rights. And yes we'll even fight Popeye when he says the assembling of ourselves is a big mistake!

You drew the line in the sand but then cry when we kick sand back in your face! Now if you want peace you should open up your mouth and delicately pull your foot out of it! The TMA didn't attack you we defended our right to form our own Association! What we are doing isn't a big mistake in anybody's mind but yours because you obviously don't have a clue what we are about!

Chuck :peace:

I'm a Life member of the NRA, a since-1970's member of NMLRA, and a member of the TMA....I wasn't going to join this too-long post, but I have to say that roundballs last 2 posts speak for me...Hank

Latest posts

Back