• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Round ball spin.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want to thank you guys for all the responses to this post. We are not going to try firing any of the hollow point round balls as we realize the we would be waisting time and lead in this endeavor. This bunch of old bp shooters have enjoyed all the responses. Thank you.
Ohhh.. com’on Chief!! I was anxiously waiting for the experiment results!! I was hoping you could prove some of us right or wrong, now we gonna spend the rest of our lives wondering. !!!🤔

Every deer I ever shot that happened to have the ball trapped under the skin showed that the ball flattened out and barely stayed together. Drilling a hole in the ball might cause it to tumble since it is not of uniform density when fired. A soft lead ball isn't as soft as a wad of gum but they would perform similarly if fired.

Back