• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rust protection.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a friend that would store his rifle by pouring crisco down the barrel after cleaning it? His thoughts were no air getting inside the barrel meant no rust? I never tried it but it sounds logical to me?

This might be HC. It's at least PC.

The gun might shoot a little high. 🤔

They are saying though. Good on carbon steel.. good for wood. It's not bad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240923_072429_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240923_072429_Chrome.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I must admit, I am one of those Bore Butter Guys!! I use it as mentioned above” inside and out” and the only problem I have is Oh I don’t have any !!! No Rust,has been this way since it first came out and I started using it. Hope this helps, Reds
I buy it from RMC products and order in bulk like everything else muzzleloader. caps thousands at a time, balls the same, patch material by the whole bolt, powder by the case from Deercreek I never worry about running out

Back