• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sad day, in my opinion, for our forum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is weird.
Maybe @Loyalist Dave or another moderator or admin can explain?
When I am in the screen to write, or edit, my above post I can clearly see our subject's screen name, when I click post or save, that name changes to George.

Observe,
As written
20220316_214120.jpg

Then when saved or posted,
20220316_214055.jpg

I have edited my post, but, this is disturbing.

So you say that since you've joined the forums, they have gone down-hill? Think about that a moment... :rolleyes:
You know what I mean stop trying to twist my meaning . I brought images of the history of the gun to these forum for which many members had never heard of or even seen ,but there was a element of members who did not appreciate that to them it was the the flintlock rifle and nothing else and the names I was called from some not only me but towards my family was beyond believe . I did not know if it was that I was from the UK or the original muzzle loader different ignition that I entered or a accused by some of parading or by just plain jealousy. Some may wonder why there have been less articles from UK members so think about that for a moment and wonder why . We must not forget that we are all muzzle loaders who shoot different types of original or repros to suit ourselves and not just a flintlock rifle .
Feltwad

Very well said.

I have shot with 2 pistol shooters from the UK at Friendship, both great fellows and fine pistols shots.

Last edited:
We must not forget that we are all muzzle loaders who shoot different types of original or repros to suit ourselves and not just a flintlock rifle .
Hang on Mr Wad. You berate reproduction guns on a regular basis!
Has the wind changed up north today?
I do trust it returns to it more usual direction.
😘

Hang on Mr Wad. You berate reproduction guns on a regular basis!
Has the wind changed up north today?
I do trust it returns to it more usual direction.
😘
Once again a rubbish answer .Yes I have a pair of Berretta muzzle loaders repros and also the original o/u but always prefer the original and no the weather has not changed up north . If you want to reply to my answers lets see a sensible answer and not rubbish to impress your followers off these forums .
This thread is about a member who has walked away from these forums which I hope is not for long not if the wind has changed up north . Talk sensible and not rubbish .
Feltwad

Once again a rubbish answer .Yes I have a pair of Berretta muzzle loaders repros and also the original o/u but always prefer the original and no the weather has not changed up north . If you want to reply to my answers lets see a sensible answer and not rubbish to impress your followers off these forums .
This thread is about a member who has walked away from these forums which I hope is not for long not if the wind has changed up north . Talk sensible and not rubbish .
Feltwad
forget about the repro most are load of rubbish

.Yes I have a pair of Berretta muzzle loaders repros and also the original o/u but always prefer the original
Ahhr yes, I remember your two lovely Beretta shotguns. I remember that when I was having issues with mine you did not share any of your wisdom or advice to assist me. That's OK, I fixed it myself with no applause from you.

I have no desire to impress anyone Mr Wad.
Now I maybe very wrong but I have not seen a single tutorial on how to fix anything. Oh I don't doubt you can do it but I do also think you are mean with it!
So, when you put pictures up of your collection, there is little history, little information of their restoration or even use by you. It's almost, well how can I put it.....like you are simply trying to impress maybe?
You blow hot and cold, one way or the other. You always have on the forums Mr Wad.
Ti's a shame you insist in an unfriendly rhetoric, it is very tiresome.

Ahhr yes, I remember your two lovely Beretta shotguns. I remember that when I was having issues with mine you did not share any of your wisdom or advice to assist me. That's OK, I fixed it myself with no applause from you.

I have no desire to impress anyone Mr Wad.
Now I maybe very wrong but I have not seen a single tutorial on how to fix anything. Oh I don't doubt you can do it but I do also think you are mean with it!
So, when you put pictures up of your collection, there is little history, little information of their restoration or even use by you. It's almost, well how can I put it.....like you are simply trying to impress maybe?
You blow hot and cold, one way or the other. You always have on the forums Mr Wad.
Ti's a shame you insist in an unfriendly rhetoric, it is very tiresome.
Another rubbish reply I will help anybody that asks POLITELY . .Yes I agree it is tiresome so grow up a spit your dummy out and lets have some sensible answers
Feltwad

Will miss his post
Sad to hear
Agreed,

He has encyclopedic knowledge, and the historic references to boot, so when those of us doing the living history schtick asked about material culture, "did this exist? How common was it?" he almost always had several references to the item's use.

LD

Just a thought but the exchange above between two members posting to this thread may speak volumes about why some folks are leaving; or at the very least, no longer posting. Personal pi$$ing matches enter into the "conversation" all too often in my limited opinion.

Until next time...be well.

snapper

Just a thought but the exchange above between two members posting to this thread may speak volumes about why some folks are leaving; or at the very least, no longer posting. Personal pi$$ing matches enter into the "conversation" all too often in my limited opinion.

snapper
Au contraire.
Our good friend often pointed out errors or contradictions.
Are you saying it is wrong to politely point out contradiction or criticise hypocrisy but OK to write unpolite language like your choice of words?

Au contraire.
Our good friend often pointed out errors or contradictions.
Are you saying it is wrong to politely point out contradiction or criticise hypocrisy but OK to write unpolite language like your choice of words?

I think it is the tone with which some members point out these things.

I am NOT implying that you do that.

snapper
Well these two have done this in the past. We, me on this side of the little pond just sit back and read. I smile now watching them. They both contribute a lot to this forum in different ways predominately. They also have much different rules they have to play under over there that most of us on this forum cannot even comprehend let alone want to live with. Words mean different things to all of us even if it is the american language they speak! So i enjoy the banter between the two.

Others on this side of the pond do appear to me to be more personal and aggressive in the means of communicating over here the last several years. But that seems to be our society as well more so now. Less polite and professional.

I think it is the tone with which some members point out these things.

I am NOT implying that you do that.
Just hope your reply is not revering to me it is something that should not happen but I will not stand by and let someone attack my every response to a question
Feltwad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back