• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

second muzzleloader deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgilmore

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I got a Traditions deer hunter .50 back in november and have only been doing this for a few weeks now.
On dec.18 I shot my first black powder deer a big spike at 50 yards with 80gr. pyrodex and .490 prb.
Then a week later on dec.26 sitting in the same stand i hade a 13 inch wide six point walk out at only 10 yards, I put my prb in his right front sholder. He only went 20 yards, Im not sure what got him the prb or the smoke inhalation. LOL
But anyway im hooked for life. trying to ad pics if i can figure out how.

any way you can help a computer dummy figure out how to upload photos to the site? :idunno:

pics........ :wink:

leadchucker1.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

Sounds like you have a good stand location. Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Waidmanns Heil to both harvests! :thumbsup:

The Deerhunter is a great rifle. I have one in .45 brand new and anotherone in .50 with composite stock.

Regards

Kirrmeister

First let me say thanks to all for the grats.
And yes my stand location is a hot spot I found while scouting. I came up on a trail comeing out of a bedding area going into an oak stand that still has acorns on the ground. I went in with the wind direction in mind and setup a pop up blind that I us mostly during the texas bow season, but works well for shooting my smoke pole out of. I set up approx. 50 yards off the trail and brushed the blind in real good.The spike came walking down the trail right at me then turned and gave me a simi broad side shot@ 50 yards.he was comeing from the bedding area @ 5:00pm for a late supper.
The six point came out of nowhere leaving the feeding area @ 7:15am headed to the bedding area @ 10 yards from my left side stood there and let me get the easyest shot i have ever taken. :grin:

@ 10 yards from my left side stood there and let me get the easyest shot I have ever taken.

Best part of ML huntin! from 10 feet or 100 yards,if YOU don't do your part from cleanin, loadin, and shootin,the end result is always a ???????? :haha:

jus imagine a "No Bang" :shocked2: ....ahhh ML huntin! :grin:

Back