• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Seeking Opinions on a Recent Kibler SMR Purchase Experience

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He changed his mind for craps sake. Get over it! Don’t buy from him! I’m sure he won’t lose any sleep over it. Sounds like you might.

It seems you’ve missed the point of my post. This wasn’t about someone simply “changing their mind.” It was about an instance of unethical behavior that I felt others in the community should be aware of. I believe transparency is important to help maintain the integrity of this forum.

As for losing sleep over it, I’m more concerned about ensuring others don’t have the same negative experience. This community thrives when people are honest, and that was the real intention behind sharing my experience.

Though you might downplay this situation as “no harm, no foul”, the fact of the matter is that -as of right now- I still haven’t received a refund. My money has been tied up for over a week on this gun that I will never take ownership of, and it has been an inconvenience for me. I dunno’… maybe put yourself in my shoes?

Last edited:
It seems you’ve missed the point of my post. This wasn’t about someone simply “changing their mind.” It was about an instance of unethical behavior that I felt others in the community should be aware of. I believe transparency is important to help maintain the integrity of this forum.

As for losing sleep over it, I’m more concerned about ensuring others don’t have the same negative experience. This community thrives when people are honest, and that was the real intention behind sharing my experience.

Though you might downplay this situation as “no harm, no foul”, the fact of the matter is that -as of right now- I still haven’t received a refund. My money has been tied up for over a week on this gun that I will never take ownership of, and it has been an inconvenience for me. I dunno’… maybe put yourself in my shoe
Your comment here is misleading while intentional or not. I own a business and use PayPal and give and receive funds all the time. You stated you used PayPal and he returned the funds, you got your refund instantly through PayPal.
Now - it might take a few days to transfer the money from your PayPal account back to your bank but that's it. But you saying "I still haven't received my refund" is very misleading. The refund was given and received instantly that is how PayPal works. How you manage/transfer your funds beyond that is not the sellers concern.
Best of Luck to you.

Last edited:
The refund was given and received instantly that is how PayPal works.
You’re wrong, Johnny. I didn’t use my PayPal balance; I used a debit card. I never initiated a balance transfer— the funds were sent back to my original method of payment. However you want to slice it, I haven’t yet received the refund.

I’m not contesting that Wayne didn’t issue it… only that I’ve been out the money for over a week now. The refund is finally showing a “pending” status on my account as of this morning, days after the refund was supposedly issued.

Last edited:
You’re wrong, Johnny. I didn’t use my PayPal balance; I used a debit card. I never initiated a balance transfer— the funds were sent back to my original method of payment. However you want to slice it, I haven’t yet received the refund.

I’m not contesting that Wayne didn’t issue it… only that I’ve been out the money for over a week now. The refund is finally showing a “pending” status on my account as of this morning, days after the refund was supposedly issued.
Ok thanks for clarifying. Have a great day.

Money transfers, refunds, and confusion aside, still not seeing the unethical part. AND you still seem to be very angry over what? A few days of your money not available. Not sure your seller had anything to do with your money issue. Your bank seems to be the hold up.

Money transfers, refunds, and confusion aside, still not seeing the unethical part. AND you still seem to be very angry over what? A few days of your money not available. Not sure your seller had anything to do with your money issue. Your bank seems to be the hold up.
Are you seriously that dense? I’m upset over the fact that Wayne continues to refuse to acknowledge the inclusion and/or crack that is clearly visible forward of the lock, brushing it off as a “piece of lint”, all the while painting myself as a difficult and troublesome person. I wasn’t born yesterday, and I know the difference between a piece of a fuzz and a fracture.

I think it’s obvious to anyone with half a brain what happened here. When I pointed out the issue to Wayne, he feigned outrage that I would question his integrity in order to cover himself. He knows I’m a discerning buyer and wouldn’t stand for something like that. He knows I would have returned the rifle and it would have been on his dime.

He then sold the flawed firearm to a “friend” for $750 less than what he sold it to me for, thereby sweeping the problem under the rug. He knew he couldn’t list it on here, because too many individuals have read this thread and are privy to the situation.

This has been an absolute waste of my time and has further delayed my acquisition of a .40 cal SMR, which I’ve been anticipating for months now. Had I purchased a rifle from another (reputable) seller, I’d no doubt be on the range by now.

Get it? Got it? Good.

Attachments

• IMG_4448.jpeg
    IMG_4448.jpeg
    320.1 KB
Last edited:
I get it now.
This whole rant is EXACTLY why he didn’t want to sell this to you.
I’ve been building and selling guns for 35 years….. sometimes you just “know”.

Whatever, dude. Go fly a kite or pound sand— that’d be more constructive than leaving your inane comments here.
It seems you may have overlooked the fact that I have previously purchased two rifles from Wayne.

I expected some of his friends to come out of the woodwork and defend him, but that doesn’t change things one bit.

Last edited:
I would like to make one last comment about this thread and it is to anyone who buys or sells on this forum: I you do not want to be subjected to all of the silliness that I have experienced, please consider avoid any dealings with the OP. Go ahead and continue on with the hate if it helps you Eric. I will not post or reply to anything on this thread again. I’m a bigger person than this.
W

I would like to make one last comment about this thread and it is to anyone who buys or sells on this forum: I you do not want to be subjected to all of the silliness that I have experienced, please consider avoid any dealings with the OP. Go ahead and continue on with the hate if it helps you Eric. I will not post or reply to anything on this thread again. I’m a bigger person than this.
W
I’ve bought and sold over a dozen firearms (and about as many accoutrements) on this forum with nary an issue, Wayne.

I could issue the same warning to others about dealing with you. I certainly don’t hate you, and I’m sorry if I’ve given you that impression. I am, however, deeply troubled by your display of self-righteousness, especially while you continue to refer to me as a “stupid person” and issue veiled threats to “watch my six.”

This thread has served its purpose, and I, too, am ready to move on.

Last edited:
Back