• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooting the 44 caliber CVA revolver pistol.......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clean the threads and use a little anti-seize on the cones and save a wrench.

Be nice to the bore and use a wooden dowel to clear squibs.

I was hoping to see some fancy quick draw action and fanning ;)

Great video, nice change of pace from the long guns.

Why in H E double toothpicks are you not using all 6 shots.
Millions of rounds were fired during the civil war and they all used all 6.
Then stuff a dried ball into it.
Musta been a lawyer in your past life.

You might need a nipple wrench or means of removing the nipple for cleaning or replacement or if the gun fails to fire. I guess, it depends how the breach is designed.

Nope...no lawyer here.
I wouldn't be a lawyer....there is no honesty in that line of work.
I used 5 of 6 because someone advised me to try that for safety...and...safety is something I try to promote on videos. I shouldn't have listened to the individual.
Guess that's what I get for NOT doing my own research.

Regardless...I'm primarily a flint/percussion shooter anyway.
Those revolvers are too much of a hassle to load.
I doubt if I'll put this one on video very often.
Since I got the new nipple wrench.....I load all 6 cylinders now.
Thanks for watching anyway.

You might need a nipple wrench or means of removing the nipple for cleaning or replacement or if the gun fails to fire. I guess, it depends how the breach is designed.
I have a nipple wrench built by a friend of mine that was a CAS participant.
That wrench easily removes all nipples now.
It is so rugged it probably could take bolts out on a tank.
When I get that revolver out once in a while......I now load all 6 cylinders to shoot.
Thanks for watching...

I wasn't there, but a lot of writings from the time and after with cartridge guns refer to leaving the hammer down on an empty chamber, especially on horse back due to a sharp jar could cause the hammer to bounce and set of the cap/primer. There are recorded cases of this happening. This brought about the modern transfer bar safety in revolvers .

On the range shooting balloons , probably not a real concern; but safe gun handling should never be mocked. Especially when making a video where someone who is inexperienced in gun handling may be watching and copy your techniques and unknowingly have any accident.

Having witnessed more than one negligent/ accidental discharge, you can never be too safe.

Carry on.

Back