• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southern Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one for a gentleman in WA state. This is a Tip Curtis Pattern.
TNCheckSide.jpg
[/img]
TNfullveiw.jpg
[/img]

Everbody nice work :applause: !I was waiting for someone to post the Bean style.My father's favorite to build was the Bean Style southern Mt. Rifles.Thanks for posting Packdog-it brings back memories :winking:!

Here are three of my Gillespie's.[url] http://home.att.net/~t.glazener/wsb/html/view.cgi-image.html--graphic.html[/url]

The top one is my (was, it was recently sold) .54 Getz "C" profile. Rifle weighed only 7 lbs.
Here is a full length shot of it.[url] http://home.att.net/~t.glazen...161066-Publish-t-makestatic-true-skip-25.html[/url] (click on bottom rifle)

If you click on previous 5 you can see 2 or three original Gillespie's.

Regards,
Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis,
Nice work!
Pretty work from everyone.
Reddogge,
I really like the stock pattern. Did you work from a blank or a pattern? Looks like some I've seen from around Chattanooga,

Ken

Here's mine. Roger Sells, 42" .50 cal.,Orian bbl. She's in the shop, so to say, being converted to Flnt. Although I probably never will, It will still retain the origional lock, drum and nipple and be convertable..
HPIM1653.jpg
HPIM1665.jpg
50409547.jpg

Thanks Ken,
Are you going to make the Norris show this year? Its April 21 and 22.
Dennis

Packdog,
I replied to your private message. If you got it I'll delete it and avoid that annoying pop up. Hope I answered your question.

Fine looking rifle up there you have.

My God, there are some really talented SOB's on this site! Thanks, guys, I really appreciated the information in addition to the eye-candy. Enough to make a New England boy head south!

Well ... at least your headed in the rite direction! :hmm: :rotf:

Davy

I had 2 Bean style rifles in my life and traded them both off... :redface:

All of your pictures made me sad as I don't have one now and they really are one of my favorite styles of long rifle.

:(

Finally found a pic of my Tenn squirrel rifle:
tennrif3.jpg

It was made by a local gunsmith and scaled down for the caliber and my (short) arms. .32 Longhammock barrel (37"), small Siler lock, iron furniture.

reddogge said:
Interesting sideplate Mike. Any chance of a closeup?
don't know how well it will show up: it is a man-in-the-moon inlay kissing a star (which is the lock bolt washer).
sidepl.jpg

Thanks. The moon was "my idea" [actually I have seen similar usage on originals]. Having it kiss the star was the maker's idea and is, I think, unique.

deerphoto.jpg

This is the only picture I've got of my Tennessee rifle. Sorry it's not very good, but I'm still trying to learn photoshop and scanning. Anyway, it's a .50 Jack Garner gun with 38" barrel. The deer is the first one I ever killed. I was on my parents' place in TN and got it while hunting with my dad, who gave me the gun for Christmas a couple of years earlier. :grin:

xrifle2.jpg

I played around with your photo a little .. here it is ... very nice rifle amigo! :hatsoff:

Davy

Back