• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southern Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either one of the Chamber's Ketland locks would be fine although I believe I would grind off the point of the earlier Ketland to get a round tail{see below}.I have never seen an upper east Tennessee or for that matter any Tennessee rifle with a Germanic{Siler}lock. I did,however,once have a restocked Charles Bean the elder rifle with a squared off lock like the Chamber's late Ketland and a late Baxter Bean percussion rifle with a round tail lock. Check out the pair of silver mounted Baxter Bean pistols now in the Tennessee State Museum with the round tail Ketland lock and externals almost identical to the Chamber's late Ketland lock.This pair of pistols is illustrated in "Thoughts On The American Flintlock Pistol", PP.50-51
Tom Patton

Back