• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southern Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tnlonghunter said:
Thanks! what did you do to it?

I just used MS Paint to resize it, and then a free download program called Picasa (Google it) to adjust color, sharpen it up a little, & lighten it up a bit. Easy to do once you play with it a little.

Here is the free download link to Picasa ...
[url] http://picasa.google.com/[/url]

Davy

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Dunlap will let you down. here's 3 pieces of his wood....Just tell him what you want, you'll get what you ask for or better.
HPIM1268.jpg
HPIM1423.jpg
HPIM2021.jpg

Anyone have a Southern Rifle or Tenn Rifle picture made by TVM (Tennesee Valley Muzzleloading)?
[url] www.avsia.com/tvm[/url]/

Norseman said:
Anyone have a Southern Rifle or Tenn Rifle picture made by TVM (Tennesee Valley Muzzleloading)?
[url] www.avsia.com/tvm/[/quote][/url]

garnertvm.jpg

Here is a TVM Southern rifle put together by Jack Garner, it is available at TOW. :hmm:

Davy

check out the picture of me with the deer on the previous page (I'm still photo challenged and didn't really feel like messing with trying to move the picture). The rifle I'm holding in that picture is one Jack Garner made.

Hey Davey,

How do you like your rifle from TVM? I ordered one for myself and should be finished in four months.
I had a Durrs Egg flintlock put on it and went with their Southern Patchbox (not bananna), all iron hardware-non poor boy with the super premium stock. The picture looks awesome, how does it shoot too?

I know I'm not Davey, but since you're having one made and you asked about them, I love mine. I don't know when it was made 'cause my dad bought it used and I gave it to me later. However, it's great. It's very steady on target, mostly 'cause it is kinda muzzle heavy. But you get used to the weight and feel. I can usually put a .495 prb touching a 1" to 2" target off-hand at 15 yards. Last woods walk I went 15 for 16 targets off-hand with it. If I do my part, it's deadly accurate.

I'm positive that you'll love yours too. Just nice, simple, sleek, and elegant. Even just pulling it out and holding it makes me feel good :thumbsup:

tnlonghunter said:
check out the picture of me with the deer on the previous page (I'm still photo challenged and didn't really feel like messing with trying to move the picture). The rifle I'm holding in that picture is one Jack Garner made.

Nope that is not mine although I wish :cursing: it was! They do look nice! Maybe some day! :hmm:

Davy

All this talk got me to dig out the parts for my next project. I don't believe in rushing into them as I've owned these 20 years or more. I've been sidetracked for a while. Oh well, next year I'll have something to do when I retire.

3/4" x .40 Ron Griffie barrel, Dixie lock, Griffie wood.
.jpg

reddogge said:
I've owned these 20 years or more. I've been sidetracked for a while.
reddogge; 20 years!!!?? :hmm: Iffin ya would, send me that pile of stuff and I'll try n salavage some of it. Get a pistol bbl or two outta that old rusted rifle bbl. Woods probably starten ta rot by now. I'm sure I could get a couple of knife handles and Iffin I'm lucky, a pistol blank out of it.. :grin: I'm willin to pay postage and sumnpin for your time. No need for thanks.. :rotf: :rotf:

Yep, I lost the fire but am regaining it again. I'm ashamed I let it sit so long. I actually bought it for someone else but they never would commit to the project and I got sidetracked by years and years of dog training, decoy carving, duck hunting.

The fire may have died down abit, but there will always be those embers down deep. Tis the the way of the Black Powder disease.. Looks likes some beatiful wood!! .40 cal 3/4 bbl.... :hmm: Peffect balance fer about a 39" bbl.:thumbsup:

Marc Adamchek said:
My God, there are some really talented SOB's on this site! Thanks, guys, I really appreciated the information in addition to the eye-candy. Enough to make a New England boy head south!
When yuh git here put up a sign sayin' "I weren't born here, but I got here as quick as I could." Shows the proper attitude. :winking:

Reddogge, I see yer usin the slow cold browning method :rotf:, personally I'd upgrade that lock, that piece of wood desreves better! Bill

Latest posts

Back