• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel Hunting- The Traditional Way Book

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some screen shots of the area @ETipp is referring to. I sure like the look of this country. Looks like the kind of place that I could wander and enjoy with or without squirrels.

Here's the lat and long for the campground
37.029186,-84.321548

Screenshot_20240807-191249_BackCountryNavigatorPRO_copy_232x491.jpg
Screenshot_20240807-190915_onXHunt_copy_230x487.jpg
Screenshot_20240807-190832_onXHunt_copy_600x1267.jpg

Folks, I ran out of books a couple of days ago. However, I’m supposed to make a road trip today to pick up another order. For anyone that may be interested, copies should be ready to be shipped tomorrow, Friday, August 9.

I apologize to those that’s had to wait a few days.

I like the looks of the river. Might bring a spinning and fly rod along.

Got to be some largemouth and panfish in that stream.

Jeff
Jeff, I’ve never fished the Rockcastle River. I know there’s good catfishing in the spring. I pulled this up for you.

It looked to me like the water is down right now, but that’s kind of normal.

Attachments

• IMG_2414.png
    IMG_2414.png
    443.6 KB · Views: 0
Jeff, I’ve never fished the Rockcastle River. I know there’s good catfishing in the spring. I pulled this up for you.

It looked to me like the water is down right now, but that’s kind of normal.
Thank you, Ed

Wading Indiana streams for rock bass was a downright favorite for me as a teenager, smallmouth too.

Good to have an alternate if squirrels are not cooperating. This could be an enjoyable campground.

Thank you, Ed

Wading Indiana streams for rock bass was a downright favorite for me as a teenager, smallmouth too.

Good to have an alternate if squirrels are not cooperating. This could be an enjoyable campground.
Indeed, wade fishing is fun. Rock bass are often referred to as Red Eyes down here. It’s been years since I’ve finished for them. They are fun to catch for sure.

I cannot attest to how well you might do fishing that small river, but I do know that it runs for many miles. I’m sure you will catch something. There’s other places along that small river to fish besides the campground.

Hello Mr. ETipp. Could you point me to the info to your squirrel hunting rendezvous? I can't seem to find it.
Thanks!
I am sorry but due to having two eye surgeries for cataracts removal, it has been canceled for this year. Will try diligently hard next year to make it happen.

No problem. Looking forward to it. Hope you heal well my friend!
Thank you. I had already put a lot into this year’s gig but getting my eyes repaired is priority. I have been fighting hard to get something done for several years. Now that I finally got through to some people, I absolutely cannot let this one slip by.

Thank you. I had already put a lot into this year’s gig but getting my eyes repaired is priority. I have been fighting hard to get something done for several years. Now that I finally got through to some people, I absolutely cannot let this one slip by.
Yes, get them eyes taken care of! It's pretty hard to shoot squirrels if ya can't see em!

Latest posts

Back