• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stumps juice?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

410-er

50 Cal.
Reaction score
While getting around this weekend I saw some Cod Liver Oil.Not remembering what I needed in Stumpy's juice I got it only to find out I needed Castor Oil.Has the switch ever been tried or should I just stick with castor and toss the Cod?

Agreed. You're in uncharted waters with cod liver oil. May be the best thing since gunpowder but castor oil is known metal friendly and a heat stable lubricant while cod liver oil may do more harm than good.

Sperm whale oil, on the other hand, is a favored lube and shares some properties with castor oil and jajoba that make it a good choice.

Back