• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

tags!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tags? what Tags? :idunno: We just buy a hunting or fishing license around here and go either hunting or fishing.

Florida just started the application process for WMAs on the 15th of May. We won't know anything until the last part of June.

Good luck with your antelope hunt.

marmotslayer said:
Looks like I'm in for an ML antelope tag and a third season buck tag. No sheep 🐑 :(
Well, just count your blessings and Good Luck !
:thumbsup:

Units 7 and 8, Laramie river valley just south of WY. Not the best units but I know the area and stats said I could draw with no points.

Now it's time to start building that plywood cow silhouette.... or, maybe I should go with a horse? :confused:

Elkeater, there is a secret back door method of checking your draw results.

Go to the buy/apply online button and go in just like you were going to buy or apply for a license. Once you are in, click on the "buy habitat or other licenses" (or something like that). Once you are on that page, go to the bottom and you will see anything you applied for showing a 400 series code. If you were drawn, it will also show a 500 series code.

The ones that will show so far are sheep, goat, moose, bear, antelope and deer. Elk figures not up yet, but I didn't apply for an elk tag this year. Probably go OTC archery elk.

My deer/elk ml season will revolve around working with a 12 yr old grandson who will be on his first big game hunt. If there is a left-over ML doe deer tag for his unit that is "B" list, I'll probably buy one.

So much for that "secret" :haha:

Thank you Marmotslayer, very cool. With your secret code I see I drew a ML doe deer tag.

Access to a horse with hunting experiance is priceless. I've had Paladin since he was a young colt.

Pronghorn hunting; hobble your steed near a water source, pick a spot near where they will crest a rise and have your horse in view. Lay flat there, when they see him they will stand there for as long as you need. Field dress and throw it over the horses back. If its his first time you will have a little rodeo. Second time I was able to walk with him, third time I rode double.

Our next quest is to bloody the NE.

Rattlesnakes are about, but rarely seen where I hunt. Never saw a tarantula in CO.

the codes are up for the elk draw in case you were in for that.

Mike, thanks for the offer of the deke! May take you up on that. Still working out hunt details with the rest of the family and not sure how they want to go about it.

You are welcome in camp if you want to hang out. Trout in the Hohnholz lakes and coyotes always need thinking.

If I understood your secret back door method right, then the wife and I each got our deer & elk tags...+ I have a WY cow tag :doh: I may have to shop for a 2nd freezer LOL

South of La Junta is my only large hairy spider encounter. Spider , to me, doesn't accurately describe those critters.

According to your code I drew elk,deer and speed goat. Not sure which choice is drawn.

Yeah, I don't know how to figure out if its a 1st or second choice.

Looks like you, I and Sean will be having a good autumn!!

You know I'm happy about my tags but I'm flat giddy about my wife's tags. She has gotten the short end the last few years I'm looking forward to seeing her get her chance. If she gets a clean kill on a legal buck that would make my hunting year for me. If I can talk her into doing it with her .54. That would be a dream!

The sky is blue this morning, might have a dry weekend. I drew 2 ML tags; cow elk in the San Juans and doe deer on the prairie.

Sean, if 1 of your multi elk tags is anterless would you kill a tender calf, I would.

Back