• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Cougar

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcountry

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a guy that is selling his deceased fathers guns collection. He doesn't know how much his stuff is worth.

he has a TC Cougar. Anyone know what that is? Is it like a Hawken?

What would one in real good condtion be worth?

I have a guy that is selling his deceased fathers guns collection. He doesn't know how much his stuff is worth.

he has a TC Cougar. Anyone know what that is? Is it like a Hawken?

What would one in real good condtion be worth?

I have some Cougars...they're a TC Hawken except for using stainless furniture in stead of brass, and a better grade of wood than normal, and the word Cougar is stamped on the right side of the barrel.

There were a couple of runs of them....45 and .50cals...late 80's and early 90's...pretty, but the bad news is parts are no longer available for them...might get a little more than an equivalent condition used TC Hawken with it's brass furniture...but a buyer would probably know what he was buying and specifically want it, otherwise, he'd would probably not pay the extra money, particularly with no parts being available...

So if I offered the guy $150 for like new condition, would I be paying about right. I am in the market for a percussion hawken.

So if I offered the guy $150 for like new condition, would I be paying about right. I am in the market for a percussion hawken.

Agree with Greg...$150 would be a great price and to me worth the risk of there being no Cougar parts...I'd like to buy one for that price just to have a set of backup spare parts for the Cougars that I already have

LOL! I've got a 25 year old Renegade that hasn't required a single spare part except a few standard size nipples.

I haven't seen that the lack of spare parts has hurt the resale of FN Brownings and Pre-64 Winchesters any. ::

Latest posts

Back