• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Fiber Optic Sights Wiggle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grillgod

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I just put on a new set of TC Fiber Optic Sights on my 54 cal Renegade. You can wiggle them a little bit from side to side. This doesn't seem quite right.

Anyone had any experience with this ?

:idunno:

Grillgod said:
I just put on a new set of TC Fiber Optic Sights on my 54 cal Renegade. You can wiggle them a little bit from side to side. This doesn't seem quite right.

Anyone had any experience with this ?

:idunno:
The standard factory sights on my TC Hawken do the same....ever so slight side-to-side wiggle if you wiggle them,but left untouched they stay centered.They also tilt back and forth slightly if I wiggle them on that plane.I think it's just the fit of the adjustment screw...seems kinda sloppy to me,but the accuracy is good?

I just pulled out my .54 Renegade and the rear FO sight I installed a few years ago does not move. I had researched them on the T/C web sight and then purchased the sights at a local shop using the part numbers I found on line.

The adjustment ramp does move up to allow you to reach the mounting screws but the surrounding base does not move, side to side or front to rear.

Are you sure you have the correct rear sight? The one I purchased was longer than the one I removed but used the same screw holes.

I dug in my ML box and found the sights I took off but the package for the rear sight was not there so I can't give you the part number.

I remember using some loc-tight on the mounting screws when we installed the rear sight but it was just a drop on the threads and the screws are holding the sight securely...

19C728 said:
The adjustment ramp does move up to allow you to reach the mounting screws but the surrounding base does not move, side to side or front to rear.

What I "meant" was not that that the base on mine moves,but rather the rear blade itself wiggles a bit from side to side and back and forth "if" I wiggle it.Left alone,it stays centered and on target.Again,it seems to me that the fit and/or design itself of the windage adjustment screw is sloppy at best,poor quality workmanship and design at worst?

Last edited by a moderator:
19C728

Mine is doing exactly what henbrook is saying. I'm going to the range in the morning, so I'll find out if the sights are going to work or not. I called TC this morning and their Customer Service is closed until Monday.

We'll see !

probably just rocking on the spring underneath. I didnt care much for the fiber rear site , like the front site though

The sight on my older TC Hawken dont move but others I have do...I dont think it will cause you any real problems...dont seem quite right that they wiggle like that

Latest posts

Back