• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Rear Sight Adjustment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I shot my new TC renegade today and shot about 6" right consistently at 50 yards.

Which way do I move the rear sight? To the right or to the left?

I want to impact to the left so it seems to me that I should move the rear sight to the right? The TC book says move left but this does not make sense to me??

Please Help.

Greg

Move rear sights in the direction you want the impact to change. Front sights in the opposite direction. Easier to visualize the front sight process. The higher the front sight the lower your barrel will point. GC

I shot my new TC renegade today and shot about 6" right consistently at 50 yards.

Which way do I move the rear sight? To the right or to the left?

I want to impact to the left so it seems to me that I should move the rear sight to the right? The TC book says move left but this does not make sense to me??

Please Help.

Greg

I think TC Arms can be counted on to know about sight adjustments...
:: :: ::

If ever you forget one easy way that I use to remember is make gun sights with your fingers. Example, left hand index finger is for the front sight and right hand use two fingers to make the peace sign for rear sight. line the fingers up like you would a gun sight. Move the right hand (rear sight) to the right and then you see that you have to move the left hand (front sight) to the right to be lined up.
This also has a side benifit if you are a flintlock shooter at the gun range. If you are a right hand shooter sit to the far left of the range. If the crazy hand movements of trying to figure out where to move your sights does not scare people away then the the fire and smoke comming out of the vent will. Now you have an extra seat for your stuff. :haha: :thumbsup:

He-Bear,
If you're left handed, do you use your right index finger for the front sight?

I knew as soon as I posted it some left hander was going to korn fuse the whole geometric process. To answer your question, I guess you could but it just does'nt seem natural to me. ::

Back