• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Return of Thompson-Center

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not everyone has the time or money to sit down at an excellent Mexican restaurant every time they have a hankering for tamales, much less fly to Cancun. My first ML in 1972 was a H&R Huntsman, a precursor to modern in-line BP rifles. It was wrong is so many ways. I could only aspire to a T/C Hawken, and It was years before I could afford one. I still can't afford one of the truly magnificent Hawken reproductions, or any magnificent BP rifle, but I have fun. When you've been poor your whole life "good enough" is pretty exciting.

Not everyone has the time or money to sit down at an excellent Mexican restaurant every time they have a hankering for tamales, much less fly to Cancun. My first ML in 1972 was a H&R Huntsman, a precursor to modern in-line BP rifles. It was wrong is so many ways. I could only aspire to a T/C Hawken, and It was years before I could afford one. I still can't afford one of the truly magnificent Hawken reproductions, or any magnificent BP rifle, but I have fun. When you've been poor your whole life "good enough" is pretty exciting.
Yup! It's like sex...when it's good it's great and when it's bad it's still good....

If you know going into it that the TC Hawken is not historically correct, but you buy it anyway, you have no right to complain about it 25 years later. If you did not buy one back then, hoorah for you, you have discerning tastes and will eventually win out when another company offers a historically correct rifle for the same price....................still waiting.................................any time now................................

I hate T/C (sarcasm), I only own 4 of them one being an IL. All 4 shoot great and have taken game. Given the opportunity, there are a couple more I wouldn't mind having. Most of the firearms I own are for hunting. If a guy wants to have an HA firearm for reenactments, collecting etc. that's his/her choice and I won't knock it. I bet there are more than a few of us that went down this rabbit hole starting with a T/C. We have enough enemies out there with the anti gun folks. Do we really need splinter cells among our ranks?

Around here if you are going into BP shooting it will be a TC, CVA or the likes because there are no other choices. Never saw an old flintlock until a couple years ago and that was at a state shoot.

@Badfinger Thanks for posting the video.
No mention of the Patriot, unfortunately. It will probably be a while before they have new ones for sale. I hope they improve the stock. Used patriots are usually overpriced.

Greg said in the video I watched he was moving production back to New Hampshire, I never heard him mention Indiana. I liked TC better pre-Greg Ritz.

I liked TC better pre-Greg Ritz.
Enquiring minds want to know...why's that?
In the interview with Ethan he appears to be focused on in-line hunting rifles. That seems to be where the money is in BP. My guess is they will bring out unmentionables first.
The unmentionables manufacturer in the video has gone down hill in the last decade or two. Harvard MBAs, stock buy-backs and leverage buy-outs have ruined many good companies.
The proof will be in the pudding, so we will see what we will see. It's good news for the industry, all things considered.

I own 3 T/C's. Two hawken rifles and a patriot pistol. They are all fine shooters.
Personally I m very glad to see T/C brought back to life.
I'm sure plenty of us got started with their products. I have now assembled two T.OW. guns, and enjoy shooting all of them.

Back