• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

tick treatment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to know how to get rid of house fly s.

Without using a crazy poison smoke bomb.

Where I am now for some reason we get enough of them.. fly traps and all to maintain. Got spray that works it's pet safe. it's not a cure and it leaves oil residue on the walls.
Generally do not get houseflies. But when the neighboring farmer lets the drip watering in his chicken house get out of adjustment and the manure laden litter gets wet? We can tell because the flies are thick! They do not seem to bother him til we call the health department. Good neighbor he is NOT.

It may not be a big deal to you, but when you come down with Lyme disease you will be singing a different tune. I got Lyme disease about three years ago,never saw the tick, but I've never been so sick for so long in my life. Fortunately I got tested after about two weeks and $12,000 worth of tests,I was put on antibiotics and made a full recovery.
So what are the options?
Since insect repellent is not 100% effective should we stay indoors during tick season?

the rusty ol' sawblade seems like overkill for a tick bite...few weeks ago I had the great pleasure of dropping my shorts so the pretty young nurse could remove the tick from my right buttock, where it had embedded from just one walk outside. these things are evil. i read a book about 1890s-1950s logging in Wisconsin, and they first saw ticks there around the 1920s. probably a result of all the forest fire suppression that had begun around 1900. here in PA the PGC does a lot of prescribed burns every year, and they have documented 90% tick population reduction or better on the burned sites.

Ticks and chiggers are bad here this year. The dogs bring ticks inside about every day. I like Sawyers tick and insect repellent. I treat a few pairs of outside pants, a pair of shoes and boots. Only had one on me that was biting. Chiggers on the other hand have covered my ankles and a few up my legs and sides.
1717329056036.jpeg

I do not know how much earlier than the time of Nessmuk and Kephart that these recipes arose, but would not be the least surprised if they are rooted in the experience of the earlier 19th century and perhaps before. This is a wonderful piece to bookmark, and Kephart's chapter on woodland pests starts on Page 241. Now where did I put that pine tar and oil of pennyroyal?
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt...kmQjlWAJSE709W4B2s_aem_ZmFrZWR1bW15MTZieXRlcw

I worked nights at a prison, mostly outside. I never found SSS to do anything but smell better than Cutter.
Try a product called Attack Tick. A native American formula that is all natural, no DEET spray that not only stops ticks but also mosquitos, fleas, chiggers, black flies, no-see-ums, flies, etc. Safe for all humans including children, pets, horses and other farm animals. Earthlycuresco.com or attacktick.com

It's that time of year ,
thank God the weather is getting nice and warm, trees are blooming, grass is growing, hillside are nice and green,

Came back from the shooting range this morning , talk about a 2-mile walk,
And over the next 4 minutes removed about 20 ticks from my pant legs and Boots.

Time to start carrying the tick treatment,
I have not found very much insect repellent that ever actually works but I carry a little bottle of diesel fuel just a tiny dab of this will put an end to a tick, just a tiny dab of it on them,

Used to carry a little box of matches because people taught me you have to burn ticks to make sure they're dead but just a dab of diesel fuel seems to be the safest way to end them.

Little bit of medical equipment that's easy to carry ,
carry some after bite,
Do carry a bit of repellent because the mosquitoes are starting to come out , some parachute cord for creating a tourniquet,
and a saw blade for removing bigger limbs like legs and arms that can't be quickly chopped off with a knife such as toes and fingers can be.

View attachment 320283
A Native American formula that is all natural and not only works on ticks but mosquitos, fleas, Jiggers, black flies, no-see-ums, is ATTACK TICK. You can find it on the internet at earthlycuresco.com You can use it on yourself, kids, dogs, cats, horses, cows, etc. THIS STUFF WORKS!!
Not in your eye, just take a q-tip and just dab it right on them you don't have to touch yourself with the diesel fuel, and it makes the little sucker start kicking and running every which way they can .
like I said it it brings about an end to them real quick

A Native American formula that is all natural and not only works on ticks but mosquitos, fleas, Jiggers, black flies, no-see-ums, is ATTACK TICK. You can find it on the internet at earthlycuresco.com You can use it on yourself, kids, dogs, cats, horses, cows, etc. THIS STUFF WORKS!!
Dude! :dunno:
You just posted this in the last reply.
How much are they paying you? 🙄

😆😆

Sure fire tick remover; when I was about 10, my hunting and fishing mentor [Jess] carried a simple tick remover. He would hold the tick with tweezers, pull the skin up to point and, with his razor sharp knife, he would slice off the skin under the tick. It worked every time, but it left a skinless spot about the size of a dime, No problem :rolleyes: :horseback:

Seems to me like some of you guys are making an awfully big deal over a tick bite.
Tick removal tools? Really? You would think we were talking about snake or black widow spider bites.
I have had thousands of tick bites over the years as have many of my friends. A couple of times I have had thousands of them on me at once ( thankfully, i was able to scrape most of them off of my clothes with a knife blade before they bit me ).
I still get a few bites once in a while, and when I find them I simply yank them out with my fingers and get on with my business. No big deal.
Yup, you sound just like my buddy's dad from camp. Like I told him, It's not the ticks, it's the Lyme, the anaplasmosis, the rocky mountain spotted fever, the alpha-gal (what a horrible disease), and tulerimia. He lost 30 pounds last year, was a thin guy to begin with, really scared everyone. Didn't want to get out of bed, didn't want to eat. His family worried he had cancer, turned out he had Lyme and after a couple months of antibiotics he bounced back thankfully. In 2023 they did a study of deer ticks in my county, 30% carried Lyme. All 4 in my household, and my dog have had Lyme, all of us found the tick or the rash, pooch wasn't so lucky and was really sick from it. We thought he was a goner, then one day after a couple weeks on antibiotics he bounced back.
I'll keep using permethrin, you do what you want, I'm hoping your good luck continues.

Yup, you sound just like my buddy's dad from camp. Like I told him, It's not the ticks, it's the Lyme, the anaplasmosis, the rocky mountain spotted fever, the alpha-gal (what a horrible disease), and tulerimia. He lost 30 pounds last year, was a thin guy to begin with, really scared everyone. Didn't want to get out of bed, didn't want to eat. His family worried he had cancer, turned out he had Lyme and after a couple months of antibiotics he bounced back thankfully. In 2023 they did a study of deer ticks in my county, 30% carried Lyme. All 4 in my household, and my dog have had Lyme, all of us found the tick or the rash, pooch wasn't so lucky and was really sick from it. We thought he was a goner, then one day after a couple weeks on antibiotics he bounced back.
I'll keep using permethrin, you do what you want, I'm hoping your good luck continues.
Some people will choose the hard way every time.

People keep looking for a remedy, so I guess it needs mentioning more than once. I mention this stuff because I KNOW this works. Some people miss it because they don't read everything.
Thank you for sharing this information.

This problem with lyme disease from the democrat parasite is getting worse and more serious, every year it's getting more serious for everyone,
while there are some people I would not mind seeing them suffer from lyme disease I don't want it to happen to children or myself or most people in general.

I do not know how much earlier than the time of Nessmuk and Kephart that these recipes arose, but would not be the least surprised if they are rooted in the experience of the earlier 19th century and perhaps before. This is a wonderful piece to bookmark, and Kephart's chapter on woodland pests starts on Page 241. Now where did I put that pine tar and oil of pennyroyal?
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt...kmQjlWAJSE709W4B2s_aem_ZmFrZWR1bW15MTZieXRlcw
Your linked description reminded me of how bad the unrelenting swarms of mosquitos get up there (driving people insane, forcing caribou to the Arctic, killing bears etc). The legendary "Official bird of Manitoba"!

Mosquito.jpg

Latest posts

Back