• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tip Curtis Lancaster Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartg

40 Cal.
Reaction score
So after sitting down to relax after lunch, my wife says, "honey I think your toy is here." Sure nuff, my Tip Curtis Kit arrived, and thought I'd share a few photos with y'all! I took these with my phone and couldn't get the lighting right, hopefully you can see the curl.

Toy...what does she know...

wow- that's gonna look great when it's done... nice figure in the wood ...

I like your photos just fine, by the way ...

congrats on your new toy :wink:

:thumbsup:
Nice new toy.
But I see a hand in the last photo who's thinking it may be there's,,someday.

SR.Chief said:
:thumbsup:
Nice new toy.
But I see a hand in the last photo who's thinking it may be there's,,someday.

It looks very nice! I'm going to be checking out his rifle today myself, Stuart is about 35 miles from me so I'm going to get a first hand look. That curl looks better than grade 7 from Dunlap Woods!.

Yeah, my one year old has his eye on it already!

I also forgot to add some of the details, so here's a few:

-Wrong-handed Lancaster stock in maple
-38 in swamped Green Mountain 40 cal barrel
-Siler lock
-Iron hardware

Make some wood shavings on the floor!
It does look like nice wood, 40cal is supposed to be accurate too!
Keep us posted on the " build" .....takes time and patience, but will last generations.....

I've been asked to show the lock and barrel inletted by Tip. Hopefully, no one says, "jeez man it's not aligned!"

Here I thought by now you were going to tell us how it shoots. :idunno:

What's the hold up ? :idunno:

Just kidding...... Take your time. Don't forget, Lock First, barrel position second....... and so on....

I have built that same parts set probably ? 5-6
times from Tip I guess, 2 in iron & 4-5 in brass. I've bought some beautiful stocks from Tip, & he is
a Great guy to deal with & talk to.

Keith Lisle

Yup....what Keith said.... :thumbsup:
Tip has some time before the " grass mowing" season begins....he has a beautiful place with about 30 acres of grass to keep cut, so boys.....order your toys now :grin: :grin:

I need to visit again.....but I need to save some $$ first.....it worst visiting him than visiting a Sports Illustrated swimsuit photo shoot......SO many things to look at.....and it all cost money......
:rotf:
I will bet a dozen donuts the lock inlet is right....!

I won't be taking that bet, as I wouldn't bet against Mr. Curtis - never.

I hoping to make it up to his shop at some point, I've heard it a sight to behold!

With this being my first build...is the touch hole correct? The whole sunset position is vague to me.

The lock, barrel, and tang are inlet now as long as you guys can okay my touch hole position, and I'll be on to the next step.

that's good........
was at Tips today~learned some more from him...as always! only spent $10 :blah:

and the wife wasn't even with me!

I have self control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotf:

Good deal! Thanks!

I wish I lived closer to Tip, then again I'd be pretty broke...I mean broker... :rotf:

First dovetailed barrel tenon! Not the prettiest thing you've ever seen but man she's in there!

Latest posts

Back