• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditional Hunting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're lucky, you live in a State like Indiana that only requires one article of clothing to be orange. So, an orange toque or liberty cap still doesn't detract from the period dress.

I started period hunting last year and love it. It's great for squirrel hunting. Nothing more comfortable in august than a loose shirt, some trousers, and some mocs. :thumbsup:

Vern, I bought it from a trader a few years ago and I don't remember who it was or how much I paid. :idunno: When you get my age you're lucky to remember your own name..

Luckily Gene answered your question for you....thanks Gene. :thumbsup:

its close to the same here in IL., but I hunt a lot out west. Montana, Wyoming, etc. and up north in Canada. Keep your powder dry.

Aim small, miss small...

I only hunt in primitive garb!

DSCF2695-1.jpg

DSCF4216.jpg

DSCF3978.jpg

DSCF3718.jpg

pagen009.jpg

DSCF2260-2.jpg

DSCF3580.jpg

DSCF3552.jpg

DSCF2257-1.jpg

DSCF2715.jpg

DSCF2228.jpg

DSCF1873.jpg

Beautiful, just beautiful. Living the dream. Thanks so much for the photo's. If anyone was doing it, I knew that it would be you. Stay well my friend.
Vern

Ancient One said:
Living the dream.

My exact sentiments every time I see G^boy's pictures... some of us use this as an escape from every day modern life, to some it's a hobby... but to G^boy, it's a lifestyle! :hatsoff:

Greenmtnboy, i love the pictures and it is great to see someone as yourself carry on what we were all born to late to witness. If you do not mind me asking whrerabouts you hunting, just state would be fine. I love to deer and elk hunt, it is deffinately a passion of mine. Are those do it yourself hunts? Keep living the dream. That is all any of us can do these days.
Aim small, miss small...

At the begining of the thread I told you you should contact him about a hunt, he guides hunters in the fall. :thumbsup:

Sorry Swampy sometimes I have to read more than once to comprehend everything. Just getting old I guess.

AncientOne: You'll need to be patient gettin ahold of Pullins. He's usually out peddlein and was last seen leavin Friendship headin west for a spell.

Custom Smokepole said:
Greenmtnboy, i love the pictures and it is great to see someone as yourself carry on what we were all born to late to witness. If you do not mind me asking whrerabouts you hunting, just state would be fine. I love to deer and elk hunt, it is deffinately a passion of mine. Are those do it yourself hunts? Keep living the dream. That is all any of us can do these days.
Aim small, miss small...

Morning,
Just got back from Nationals.
I live and hunt in Gunnison CO.
I am a 22 year hunting and fishing guide here so I do all my own hunting.
:thumbsup:

bowkill said:
:thumbsup: what kind of pistol you packing in that last photo?

It's a 1858 remington with a cut down barrel and a birds head grip.
I now carry a 45 pistol by TVM with a eight inch barrel.

Back