• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditional Hunting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vern,

Oh no Michael was very cooperative and easy to deal with, communication was fine....I think he just got his wires crossed a bit on his sizing vs what his seamstress produces.
Truth is that I probably wouldn't have kept this one either except for the fact that I know someone who can alter it for me for free....and shipping was jacking the price up.

I'm a big guy 48-50" chest with a 36-38" waist and a lot of extra material on something that big really looks sloppy especially with the double thick wool.

Matt; if you were to reverse your chest/waist measurements you'd have a more realistic vision of me (according to the Old Woman). :blah: :blah:

Vern

Matt PA said:
I just received one of OVP's reversible wool weskits (blaze / forest green) and it was $145.
It's warm and well made, pockets on each side, full length buttons and a couple extras.
Ask some questions about sizing because I had to send my first one back. I'm 6'3"/250lbs and Michael suggested a 3X for me........it was gigantic all around even over a thick blanket wool outershirt.

Matt,

I am thinking of having one made, but was wondering if yours is wool on both sides. I would think that an orange duck cloth lined with wool would be better for hunting. Of course, I have other waistcoats and do not need one that is reversible. The one I am thinking of would be exclusively for hunting.

Irish Mead,

Yes the one I have is wool on both sides..... It's a pretty heavy (even weight wise) westkit with the double wool but my primary use for it is going to be in January in the mountains of NC PA...it's routinely single digits or teens in the mornings so I think I will be pleased with it functionally.

Matt PA said:
Irish Mead,

Yes the one I have is wool on both sides..... It's a pretty heavy (even weight wise) westkit with the double wool but my primary use for it is going to be in January in the mountains of NC PA...it's routinely single digits or teens in the mornings so I think I will be pleased with it functionally.

Quite sure you will be happy with it. Living in W. New York, I can appreciate what you say about the temps.

Back