• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditional Hunting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the well dressed traditional hunter wears in warm weather.

primitive%20man.jpg

In Kansas this is the law:

Hunter Orange Requirements
All deer hunters and persons assisting deer hunters during a firearm or muzzleloader deer season must wear an orange hat and at least 200 squares inches of orange on the upper half of the body, of which 100 square inches must be visible from the front and 100 square inches must be visible from the back: Camouflage hunter orange that provides the required 200 square inches of orange is legal.

So, if you are going 100% traditional in Kansas you are going to wear orange or risk a conservation with one of our enforcers.

-----he is not muzzleloading or firearm hunting--archery in archery season-----perfecty legal here in PENNSYLVANIA-----

ebiggs said:
In Kansas this is the law:

Hunter Orange Requirements
All deer hunters and persons assisting deer hunters during a firearm or muzzleloader deer season must wear an orange hat and at least 200 squares inches of orange on the upper half of the body, of which 100 square inches must be visible from the front and 100 square inches must be visible from the back: Camouflage hunter orange that provides the required 200 square inches of orange is legal.

So, if you are going 100% traditional in Kansas you are going to wear orange or risk a conservation with one of our enforcers.
Same as in CO but......
muzzleloader season is in the middle of bow season and only muzzleloaders have to wear orange not bow hunters, so.... I don't buy into the double standers.
I also hunt at 12,000 plus feet way away from the ATV masses

ebiggs, I figured as much. I know these days we can only be as traditional as the laws allow. I just wanted to know if anyone had certain tradtional clothing underneith there hunter orange.
Thanks

No orange requirement in NY, so I often hunt dressed like this:
2rfvxc5.jpg
21o1stk.jpg

When I do hunt where hunter orange is required, I wear the same as waistcoat as NWTF:
214aud5.jpg

I got mine from Michael Pullins at Ohio Valley Peddler also.

Back