• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti deceiving arbor fit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Uberti "fit and finish" has been noted as being better than other manufactures. This must take some production time and have a cost. Yet, the time to have the arbor fit correctly into the well is not done.

My conclusion has to be that the Uberti gun designer must believe that the wedge is the critical piece and not the arbor fit.

I believe that the Uberti designer is wrong.

Marc

I agree but they've been building them wrong since the '60's.

Biggest difference about Pietta "fixing" theirs is they build everything off of one o.t. platform whereas Uberti has 4 o.t. platforms.

Mike

Thanks Mike

And others need to keep in mind, only Uberti offers a 47 Walker. So if you want one of those you have to deal with it as is.

I wanted one and knew what I was getting into thanks to the group and 45D specifically.

Uberti is owned by Beretta so I don't think it's an inability to meet close tolerance issues. I think they intend to do it right, but the engineering dept hasn't gotten the message.

As for the Volvo pistons mating with their matching cylinders - it's not a case of sloppy machining - more a case of taking that extra quality control step of measuring parts and mating them for the best fit. The rest of the auto industry at the same time would machine to the same tolerances, but not go that extra step to eliminate the poor fit of parts mated at extreme opposite ends of the tolerance band.

Uberti is owned by Beretta so I don't think it's an inability to meet close tolerance issues. I think they intend to do it right, but the engineering dept hasn't gotten the message.

As for the Volvo pistons mating with their matching cylinders - it's not a case of sloppy machining - more a case of taking that extra quality control step of measuring parts and mating them for the best fit. The rest of the auto industry at the same time would machine to the same tolerances, but not go that extra step to eliminate the poor fit of parts mated at extreme opposite ends of the tolerance band.
I'm not a diesel mechanic but spend a lot of time around various brands of heavy equipment and the mechanics that repair them installing glass and believe Volvo is on a par with CAT ,which is the gold standard for heavy equipment, making some of the best engineered diesel engines in the world.
I feel the same about Uberti, owning some of their products.

Last edited:
Back