• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti vs. Pietta?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, there's Uberti up here :bow:

Pietta is about here----maybe. Except on Mondays and Fridays. :wink:

Then down here. Pietta owners love them though some of them have been able to get them to fire, too!!! Or so they say... :rotf:

I have'em both. No problem with either one. My Pietta 58 shoots right along with my Ruger centerfires off the bench at 25 yards. Uberti looks really pretty out of the box. But then, so does my Pietta. Go figure...for a hundred bucks less. Lock up is really tight. Just like the Uberti.

My Pietta 51 Navy is my squirrel revolver when I'm woods walking. Blueing is deep and polishing great. I'm sure there were some quality issues over the years, but I haven't seen a recently purchased Pietta that gave anyone any trouble.

Now...$1000 Kimbers have about a 50% return rate.

Dan

I own 9 Piettas and 1 Uberti. The Uberti is the only one that sits in the cabinet un-used. Pietta used to have quality problems but they have been fixed. I don't think it is true these days to call Pietta an inferior product.

Don

I shoot Piettas and Ubertis. They both work fine. Uberti may have the edge on fit and finish.

If they're new guns the Uberti (on a probability basis - either brand is capable of producing the odd lemon) will have a slightly better fit and finish but the action and function will be identical.

If used guns, condition will matter more than brand, except that Pietta went through a period of poor quality control about 10 years ago. I'd avoid a Pietta of between 10 and 15 years of age.

Uberti goes to extra trouble to keep the farby stampings to a minimum which helps with appearence.

I have some of both and the Piettas shoot as well and as often as the Ubertis...

:v Amen Mykeal---I agree with your statement. My personal preference is Uberti based a lot on what happened that 5-10 years ago with Pietta. That pretty much soured me on the brand and it's been Uberti ever since. :bow: "Doc"

Uberti also shapes the guns closer to the originals. They just look more "Colty" than the other makers guns do.

PaulN/KS said:
Uberti goes to extra trouble to keep the farby stampings to a minimum which helps with appearence.

I have some of both and the Piettas shoot as well and as often as the Ubertis...

Yeah, It's the barrel stampings :barf: that ruin it for me.

If for no other reason, Uberti's don't have all that dang writing everwhere.

i think that they're both good guns but...Ubertis just got more sex appeal to me...

plus the Pietta '51 Navy pistol's backstrap is the wrong shape

...and they also make a .44 cal navy, and that just seems plain wrong to me, but thats just my opinion

Uberti makes around 3 or 4 different grades of quality in their guns. If a plain Uberti, it is not the quality in fit and finish as a Cimmaron, Uberti, or a few others. Cimmarons cost more because they pay more for better quality. As usual, you get what you pay for. In my opinion, Piettas' suck. In fit, finish, and performance, and no, they do not get the shaping correct.

Just received a Cimmarron last friday. It is a Remington .44 with a 5 1/2" barrel. Great fit and finish. they proof the barrel, frame, and cylinder. They also have a 1 yr. warrenty instead of the customary Uberti one.
I Will be taking it with me this weekend to shoot them nasty Yanks that won't leave us Confederates alone. Going to be on a Mt. Howitzer as either the #1 or #2 man. If the canister don't get em the Remington will.

My Pietta's looked pretty good. I have 5 so far. Fit, finish and shootability are first rate.

I bought a Pietta new that would not index. The cylinder would rotate but would not line up with the barrel.
I contacted Pietta in Italy and he said I was just a cry baby and I could kiss off. I would never buy anything from them again and would urge anyone else not to. With that kind of service.
Old Charlie

Back