• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ultra-Hi - Japanese Brown Bess

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedSharp

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello,

I have one of the 1970's era Japanese Brown Bess muskets and I need to add some sling swivels.

Do I need to find ones made especially for the Japanese models, or can I buy ones made for use on the Pedersoli muskets?

Welcome!

Well, u won't find an Ultra-Hi piece anyway so be prepared to adapt and overcome. You'll have to make something fit and work. Dixie, TRS, Track maybe...

I found what you where looking for Dixie Gun Works
has them here is the add XP2706 Rear Swivel w/screws (repro.) for Dixie 2nd Model Brown Bess (Japanese Model) XP2706 Rear Swivel w/screws (repro.) for Dixie 2nd Model Brown Bess (Japanese Model) $21.95 and here is one for the front XP2816 Sling Swivel - Front (repro.) Dixie 2nd Model Brown Bess (Italian Made) XP2816 Sling Swivel - Front (repro.) Dixie 2nd Model Brown Bess (Italian Made)

Hope this helps .... tac

On the Miroku Japanese Besses you need to spot the swivel on the barrel lug and drill that too. That helps to keep it from cracking the Japanese cherry wood.

I'm not sure I understand...
Any chance you have a photo?

colmoultrie said:
On the Miroku Japanese Besses you need to spot the swivel on the barrel lug and drill that too. That helps to keep it from cracking the Japanese cherry wood.

YES the forward sling swivel replaces one of the forward barrel pins. The rear sling swivel is attached to the forward portion of the trigger guard bow, where the bow meets the brass flat that is inletted into the stock. The bow is fat and strong there and very close to the forward pin that holds the guard in place.

LD

Back