• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

underhammer rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluecarpenter

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just about the time I am able to get an underhammer action and barrel from Bruce at[url] underhammer.com[/url] I found out on a couple other forums that he is no longer selling the kits. I can't even seem to get my email to go thru to him.

where can I get one so that I can build my 32 cal. squirrel rifle. It sucks. I like the simple looks and workings of the underhammers. been looking at them for a couple of years or so. help me out any one?? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to MLF!

I'm in the same boat as you. I found out about Blue Grouse from the nice folks on this board. Just about the time I was going to put in an order, I also found out that they're no longer available. There aren't many affordable underhammers out there that I've found. There's a few high dollar models. It looks like the used market is all we have now. Though I have faith that someone in the near future will pick up production of the affordable kits. They've been made by several different companies throughout the decades and they still have a big following.

In the past I have had better luck buying from Deer Creek Products. They are in Waldron, Indiana and can be reached at; 765-525-6181. I understand they also have stopped making the complete rifles but kits or parts (actions etc) may still be available. They also made the stocks and forearms. Good luck.
Mark :)

Plink,

Check your mail if you are interested in underhammer rifles which are not kits.

RDE

Hey all. I'm begining to sound like an add for John Taylor. You might wanna contact him and see if he can make an action for you. :thumbsup:

Bruce didnt make much of nothing he just bought parts from Deer Creek till he got out of hand and DC shut him down and to the rest of us because of to much a hassel, so ya got him to thank. I bought up the last few kits and some frames and parts, but they still have parts, no barrels or frames or wood (ya i got that to :grin: ) It will show up here soon on the for sale section, till then John Taylor is great on most any uh part but the wood (try GMWW for that HE is good! :thumbsup: And the 2 Richard talk about above are way above the H+A class and not hi buck at all (and ya better get to them fast,my buyers are in Brady this week makeing much smoke), if I wasnt getting out of all this do to my health I would of loved to have them both. Fred :hatsoff:

Hello Bluecarpenter;
obviously I don't understand this email system so I'll try again. For a different type underhammer action try Wade Ingrham at:[url] www.lx.net/wadeingrham/muzzlelo.htm[/url]
I bought a barrel (.45 Green River) and one of his locks/actions several years ago. Haven't finished the project yet but I'm well pleased with the simplicity and workmanship of the unit I bought.
Bill Statler, formerly from SEMO

Last edited by a moderator:
just sent him an email. hope he is still around. they look like a neat action. I could see swaping out barrels with this one. thanks for the info.

I got an email from him late last night thanking me for the email. he wanted me to bring him up to date and where did I hear about his guns. He asked me if I was a muzzleloader shooter or gun maker. and also wanted to know a little history about myself.
I sent an email back stating a bit about myself and that I was a shooter and had built a kit. and also that I had heard about him though the muzzleloader forum.
I got home late this evening and havn't heard from him yet. keep hoping.
mark

bluecarpenter,

He is a really nice man. He will not sell to someone who does not know about MLs, he is very particular in this area.

I have been to see him twice since March and have several guns made by him.

His workmanship is outstanding and he has put a lot of thought into his guns.

Check your PM.

Richard

Richard Eames said:
... have several guns made by him.
Richard
Richard,

What the cost is for one of his Rifles/Pistols ... ? :hmm:

Matt
Bottom Slappers Forever!
Dare to be Different!

They are worth a bit more than what he's asking.... a lot of fine work went into these. FRED :hatsoff:

Just bought a .50 underhammer from the armountain man. It was made from a Deer Creek kit. Know other caliber is available. A week ago he only had a buggy rifle left.

i think it will probably get pulled here because its in the rules not to post links to stuff your selling. i have to ask, why didn't you put it in the classifieds here?

baranjhn: With all of the Underhammer folks on this site, I also don't understand why you didn't use our classified ads. They are free.
zonie :)

I can give ya the answer to that, we are cheap here,how much did the last one sale for? last 2 1 was 190 or less and would of brought 250 or better on one of the other sites, that's the real reason not putting anyone down, some of us will pay the higher price's for the right ones, everytime I get one ready to sell on here its sold before it goes up anyplace,and Im useing my last 3 org new frames I get 165 for and had to tell a lot of people NO! just to sell to friends on here. I would post on both, and even if someone here is a weekly poster her I'll sell to them even if it's a $100 loss over a other site ( I have, keep them in our grp) Fred

Zonie said:
baranjhn: With all of the Underhammer folks on this site, I also don't understand why you didn't use our classified ads. They are free.
zonie :)

I tried here first, but my pics wouldn't load up right. I think my pics are too big, but I wanted to capture as much detail as possible. So I did the next best thing.

No offense to anyone here, I think this is a great site.

Latest posts

Back