• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Waxing stocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
What do you use to wax your hard wood muzzleloader stocks?

I have beed using Old English Floor Wax, it seems to have served me well over the years, no yellowing or gumming up the wood...

I use Orange-Glo on the wood of my house, but I don't want to go hunting and have my muskets reek of oranges, unless I'm hunting in Florida...
grin.gif

Wondering what other people like to use.

Just for the record, table wax and nitroglycerine are both clear liquids, so be careful out there...

I like your way of thinking, because you've got the tools necessary if you just look around the cabin. Apart from making everything pretty with the wax, I've found one product that works great on gun stocks is WATCO Danish Oil Finish. As the "oil" part of the title insinuates, the finish penetrates the wood, and hardens in the wood , not on the wood. Even with already finished wood, wipe it on and wipe off the excess.It will fill in those little nicks and make things look real purty. I like the golden oak. After rubbing it on my stocks, I usually go nuts and do the kitchen cabinets as well!
tongue.gif

Another good product is Howard Feed-N-Wax. It is a mixture of beeswax, carnuba wax and orange oil.

Latest posts

Back