• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What’s Your Favorite Long Gun that You own.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a run of the mill GPR, but it’s my favorite. Some beautiful guns in this thread, gents.

Attachments

• 23275D58-8BC0-4678-B760-8104D9372748.jpeg
    23275D58-8BC0-4678-B760-8104D9372748.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Amazing! Thanks for sharing. Is that custom made? Sure looks that way.
It was made by Steve Zihn. I don’t know who the original owner was. I just know it’s found a permanent home with me. I’m under the impression it was made around 2000(ish).

Besides the ones I build from scratch. It has to be my .38 cal Soddy Daisy built by Jack Duprey. Super fast and a tack driver....if I do my part....lol

I like all of them and have grown quite fond of my Kibler SMR .45. However, my definition of favorite would have to be the sole rifle I would retain if forced to rid myself of the others.
She would be the first rifle I acquired forty-one years ago and my sole rifle during twenty years time of both "fat cow and poor bull".
That rifle and I have been through many adventures, and an incalculable number of round balls fired.
She feels to me as natural in my hands as do my own limbs and consequently I shoot her better than any other. Confident that I can hit anything that she is capable of propelling a round ball too. She is the Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle .54 cal
PB120001.jpeg
resting at the lower position.

Not too many mentions of the cheaper "over the counter" guns like CVA.Traditions. or Lyman etc. Why can't they be favorites as well? Or do they gotta be custom rifles?View attachment 180719View attachment 180719
Well said, Sir! Here is my CVA Remington 1863 Contract Rifle. Not had it long, but it performs really well! I also have a Jukar a bit like yours. When I'm shooting with it that's my favourite, too!

Attachments

• Zouave.jpg
    Zouave.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Jukar Rifle.jpg
    Jukar Rifle.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 0
My wife and I have two TC Hawken .50 cal muzzle loaders, both 1 in 48 twist. we have mounted good quality sights on these babies and love them.

Latest posts

Back