• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What happened to TOW’s gun kits!?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Pecatonica supplied wood to some. I have always had good luck with Pecatonica. Always.
I call them abd they tell me right then what I need is in stock and what is not. But they have generally always had what I needed.
Give them a call

My first two builds were "kits" that I put together with a stock blank that had the barrel inlet and ramrod hole drilled. I bought all of the other parts wherever I could find them. No flaws in my stock shaping when I got done, I could even add the correct cast off and drop in the stock to fit me perfectly. I have only bought 2 pre-carve stocks, both were flawed.

It could be that TOW is having a hard time getting enough parts for kits that aren't flawed and were getting some kits back because of this.

My last was a secondhand TOW kit, if I had bought it from TOW it would have gone back the day I opened the box.

In my
It could be that TOW is having a hard time getting enough parts for kits that aren't flawed and were getting some kits back because of this.

My last was a secondhand TOW kit, if I had bought it from TOW it would have gone back the day I opened the box.
In my make believe world, TOW is just busy searching for new sources to supply kits that actually resemble historical examples. 😂

I was on their Site yesterday looking at barrels & flints. Choices on barrels of my choice have been out of stock for several years now. I saw they offered the English black in purchase of a dz. I refuse to buy them from them anymore because 9-10 of the dz. are humped. Looking at the Amber flints, selling only at single inflated price. Went to Pecatonica & they seem to relish never up dating their price list. when i call & ask on prices i get different quotes for same item. I am done with that type of business.
Try Stonewall Creek Outfitters for flints. Good people.

I got the stock for my .32 caliber from Pecatonica River. The wood is beautiful, but they did a not so great job drilling the ramrod channel. It veered left into the lock mortise. I've heard of several people who had this same problem with their stocks. Not a game changer just a PIA to fix.

Now this was a few years ago that I built this gun so hopefully they've cleared that issue up. Would I buy from them again, yes I wood.... get it.

I’ve also noticed pre-owned Kibler rifles on tracks website from time to time usually bringing good price. I noticed they do not identify these firearms as Kibler’s, not even the lock whereas they usually tell who manufactured the locks on other rifle examples. Probably do not want to give Jim any free advertising or encourage anyone to buy any kits but theirs. Guess I can’t fault them for that.
That right there is why Kibler needs to brand his stuff. Especially the locks as they are of his design and making.

Don't know how many times now I've shown mine to someone. They've asked what it is and after telling them they point out that none of them have a name of any sort anywhere on them.

Back