• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What if they ban lead?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think i read somewhere that politician's brain can be readily cast, and that the result is soft enough to substitute for lead.

but then again, considering how many politicians you'd have to slaughter to get a pound of brains...

Most old houses have lead soil stack flashings. Get to know some roofer and offer them cash for the flashings. Otherwise the lead goes to the dump. The other way to get lead is to go downrange and dig into the backstop. Just like panning for gold. I reckon there ought to be a few pounds of lead in an old car battery as well.

There is so much lead out there that it would take a long time for it to disappear. We might just have to get creative is all.

Back in the day, when they had a shoot they paid 5 places. Fifth place was often the lead in the backstop.

Many Klatch

use depleted uraniun, the army has no problem with it. as an added bonus you can find game you shot at night by the blue glow.

Now, this is the funniest thing I have heard all day ! :rotf: here we have the US Government contaminating tanks, aircraft, our own troops and the soil all over the planet with depleted uranium (plutonium - whatever) and they may be thinking of banning lead? This is as goofy as Senator John McCain holding hearing about steroids in baseball when the mid-esast is exploding.... :shocked2:

If any of you folks prospect for gold (like I used to have time to do) you will see that our creeks and rivers have an abundance of lead shot, bullets, and scrap. It is worth saving and putting up until you get enough to cast with. I was really surprised to see just how much is there. Best of all, you are helping clean up the waterways and it is free.

I've got a lifetime supply. Could care less about what rules the libs make. I'm going to do my own thing. The neo marxist dorks concerned about lead and the environment are the same ones who stopped the use of ddt. Now we learn from real science that ddt is not harmful, but, millions have died in the meantime from malaria in order to further the environmental wackos' political ajenda. The environmental movement is not about the environment, it's about control.

The weakest link in the gunowning chain is in shipping. I am AMAZED that it hasn't really been attacked yet. It would be so easy for them to put an exhorbitant tax upon the shipping of guns, ammo, reloading supplies, etc. Not to give anyone any ideas, but with regulation/taxation of the shipping of guns, the firearms business in America would come to an immediate absolute screeching halt.

Lets not give the anti-gun crowd any ideas. A ban on lead would also hit 22s. I guess that if they ban lead, then only outlaws would have lead?

The California Fish and Game Commission is currently considering what to do about using lead in both shot and bullets for hunting purposes. Apparently condors who feed on game that has been shot can end up with lead in their craws. The grinding of lead by rocks can lead to poisoning.

I don't know how much of a problem this actually is BUT it will probably mean that an area where condors are known to live will have a ban on hunting with lead shot and bullets.

GW

Dubious science aside, why would condors be feeding on game? Don't you guys take your kill home from the field?

Deaconjo said:
...... This is as goofy as Senator John McCain holding hearing about steroids in baseball....

STAIROIDS???????

In baseball????????

Can't be. everybody knows a stairoid is a type of hemeroid that people can get by walking to many stairs! :haha:

condors eat lead bullets and shot in the gut piles of animals. THey have been found to have elevated levels of lead in their blood and they theorize some have died from lead exposure. I taught a book a couple of years ago in summer school called "The Maze" centered around the condor re introduction and we read some info on this subject.

It will never happen. Even if they did try to ban lead projectiles, there is nothing the powers-that-be could do because ball and bullet casting equipment is so readily available. There are millions and millions and millions of pounds of lead in scrapyards across North America. I bought about 10 lbs. of the stuff for $7.00 at my local metal recyclers. If worst comes to worst, you can always melt down wheel weights. I got a box of about 25 lbs. for free.

First of all, who wrote "The Maze", and what are his/her credentials. Not talking about real science, but is he/she a scientist or a political activist with a phd? Just food for thought, but, why would lead bullets be retained in a gut pile? I've done a lot of ameteuer autopsies on game. Never found a bullet in a gut pile yet. You guys keep buying into this manure, you're going to be outlawing hunting as we know it pretty quick. Gee, maybe that's what these political scientists are really about.

Latest posts

Back